ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car (JDM Content)

S2000
I picked up the replacement for the hybrid yesterday. Was a round trip of about 500 miles but well, well worth it. The pics are from the for sale advert of it, will get some of my own up asap. Quick spec is:

1996 Integra Type R (Jap Import)
68,000 miles
Standard apart from mugen twinloop exhaust and some other manifold (can't remember what make :lol: ), induction kit and HIDs (will be replacing them with a set of my own shortly though as the ones on there aren't great)

It was brought into the country late 2007 and I've been really impressed by the way it drives - feel so much more solid than the clio. Sitting at 1**+ mph (metres per hour, obviously) in the teg feels much steadier than about 70 in the clio tbh and the handling is also rather impressive.

Anyway, some pics:

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

And a quick one I took myself with the JDM fog lights :lol: :
DSCF0720.jpg

Opinions?

S2000
Looks in good shape! Esp for a JDM one. Still prefer the UK shape.

Cheers, bodywork on it is very clean.

I'm the total opposite about UK and JDM tbh, really don't like the front end of the UK ones but absolutely love the JDM ones.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Great choice

Make sure you retro fit the 98 spec brakes though as the 96 spec are shocking

1.2 8v 60bhp
my mate had one of these in his garage, dc2 yeah? his was championship white,with red interior, just everything about the car is unreal, just by sitting in it is amazing, horn is pretty sweet too, compared to the clio hehe

S2000
Cheers folks, as I say I'm well pleased with it :D (so far anyway, lol)

I liiiiiiike...

Hope you got cheaper insurance than I was quoted!

Maybe we shouldn't go into insurance....... only kidding, was £850 TPFT for a year, which was about 250 more than the clio, so not too bad imo. I'm 21, 2 years NCB. Seriously think I'm going to pay an extra few hundred to go fully comp though as I would be so gutted if I crashed and didn't get a pay out.

Tangoed Works
looks in excellent nick. what are the stats for these, saw a nice white one last week with that front end on it.

S2000
B18C???

or C6?

awesome motor, how's the torque? (not in a dickheadish way)

As chris says, its a B18C (or it should be unless someone has changed it, lol) afaik only UK and other euro tegs came with the B18C6. Tbh I'm not missing the torque too much, the hybrid had a load of power low down and I was worried I would miss it but I'm more than happy with the way the teg delivers the power :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As chris says, its a B18C (or it should be unless someone has changed it, lol) afaik only UK and other euro tegs came with the B18C6. Tbh I'm not missing the torque too much, the hybrid had a load of power low down and I was worried I would miss it but I'm more than happy with the way the teg delivers the power :D

Euro and USDM used B18C6, so you're right mate, yeah.

S2000
Cheers folks.

Love it, dont see may JDM's i that colour too.

Thats why I went for it tbh. There are loads of white tegs around my area and although I really wanted a teg I don't think I would want a white one as they are just too common around here. Over the moon with the black one though - gave it a clean at the weekend and it looks sooooo good, lol.