ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new car is fucked!!!(help):(

182 ff silver
just bought a 172 cup picked it up yesterday drove 30 miles problem free last night was amazing handles and goes like no other absolutley awsome love it to bits :D

thought id give it a clean today steamed off the engine bay (whilst running) drove about 5 miles and has started to miss fire and wont clear out now the engine management light is flashing getting very worried its something serious :dead:

please help

thanx elliot

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
You idiot, steaming an engine thats the worse thing ever french electrics and water. coil pack at the back damp, damp HT leads and water in the spark plug holes i expect.

sorry to hear that fella, try and get it indoors some where nice and warm to dry it out ?

182 ff silver
wats the best way to dry it out its taking ages!!! and why is the engine managment light flashing?

182 ff silver
i used to steam my engine bay on my ph quick all the time didnt hurt that at all????

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
take the coil off put it in the airing cupboard, and then you need the inlet off really to see if any water in the spark plug holes.
But you had a engine cover didnt you? and look how thats ended up.

182 ff silver
Re: my new car is f**ked!!!(help):(

thanx for the advice :D il get the garage next door to ave a look at it 2morrow

182 ff silver
called air con jon works next door to brownstone he does general repairs booked it in to have the de cat put back on but he can do this instead

182 ff silver
but why did it not missfire wen i first drove it why did it take 5 miles or so to start missfiring and why is the light on????

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
the lights on because it misfiring wally, and yea what justin said water running down could be anything i hope he got clip