ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car - Corolla Compressor

Coupe/Defender V8
As a few of you saw, I sold my Clio a while to my flat mate who posted some pictures of it up yesterday on my login.

I got an amazing deal on a Corolla Compressor as I needed something a bit more refined for longer journeys due to a nagging girlfriend (hated the Clio with no back seats :-D) !

First impressions...The sound from the exhaust is awesome. The day I picked it up I was actually shocked on the tone the car made. It's quite loud and has a 6 cylinder sort of noise. Power is very refined and the car is quite quick but due to not a huge amount of torque, it does not feel as quick as it is. The car revs to 8250 which is where it peaks power on the 3rd cam, and lower down the super charger helps it get there. IMO the super charger should have an increase of boost pressure as I think it runs something along the lines of 6psi.

They made 500 of these worldwide and only 250 came to the uk. Stats are 217bhp and 0-60 in est. 6.5 seconds.

The handling is weird as the car has a minor amount of body roll but actually corners quicker then my old 172. It sits as standard on Eibach shocks and springs. Petrol consumption is awful. So far the best I have got on my weekly journey is 22mpg and the worst is 17mpg! Motorway will be lucky to get 30 so don't believe the combined stated at 30mpg, that’s rubbish.

Brakes are not bad, lack a bit of feel but work well when you apply the pressure. Driving wise, the car is suited to dual carriage ways the most as around town can get tiresome due to the engine liking high revs. Motorway, the engine revs high so can feel like it needs a 7th gear at times.

In a straight line, power wise from 0-80 odd, it’s about a car length quicker than my old 172 as we have tried this on a few occasions.

Other costs, I would recommend having a warranty as I have had an issue with a squeak on gear change which it has gone back for 3 times already. The wiper linkage started making a noise as well which has now been replaced. Servicing is good, £220 for a full service at Toyota. Tax when the new system finalises will be £240. The insurance is cheaper than the Clio, its group 16 but I actually got money back when I changed.

All in all, a very rare car which is different from an R26, type R, vxr etc. It’s much better than the standard t-sport which lacked the extra something. It's more useable than the Clio for space, and probably suits me better being 6'5. The Clio was bags more fun but this is more grown up. Make of it what you will, I would definitely consider another Clio in the future when I need a cheaper car to run, but I will see how this pans out over the next 10 months.

Pics although not great ones: -

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

Future mods: -

-Wheels will all be refurbed due to minor curbing, but I'm anal about these things
-Full detail when I get the time

Hope you like the write up :)

Static Low
I really dont like the wheels on it.
But i think its a really nice looking car. Theres one around here & its much nicer in the flesh. Pics dont do it justice at all

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Good write up lad, a car i never realy knew much about, sounds good. Looks realy nice, any pics of the inside?
health to enjoy.

These really are rare as rocking horse poop. My stepdad was looking at these and the corolla t-sport for a company car. Everyone he went to see had been sold by the time he'd got there. He even asked me to look at 2 for him that had been on autotrader for 2 days, and they had both gone!

Never got to drive the compressor, although we went in the T-Sport and that was pretty quick!

He ended up with an old person spec Auris TD150 thing in the end :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
wheels spoil it. But apart from that, its bloody lovely! Never seen or heard of one before!

Coupe/Defender V8
I do understand the comments on the wheels. The pictures aren't the best but I think they almost need to be 18's with less spokes. Trust me, I wouldn't mind this as it takes ages to clean them!!

The pictures from the dealer when I bought the car of the engine bay and interior. Both are much cleaner now!

Corolla_T_Sport_Comp_-_Int1.jpg

Corolla_T_Sport_Comp_-_Engine1.jpg

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
Looks nice enough, ouch on the fuel economy though.

Is the Tsport NA? just high revving? And only the compressors supercharged

Should be mega reliable being a Toyota, this is the Exige 240r lump I guess, although I'm sure someone will point out the differences!

Reminds me a bit of my mates 2.4 5 cylinder Stilo Arbath Schumacher edition! But will be a lot faster than that. Dare to be different, enjoy!

Coupe/Defender V8
Whyteleafe is just past purley yup, look out for my number plate J5 OEA. I will try and attend a local meet when my mate does with my old 172 anyway at some stage.

The T Sport is NA yea; 189bhp with the VVTL-I, and the compressor just has a supercharger strapped on.

The Stilo Schumacher is a nice car, I really like them but after owning 3 fiat's, decided I wanted something in the Toyota Range. The main reason for purchase was price, I got a very very good deal on it.

Thanks all for the comments :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Correct me if i'm wrong but does the lotus elise not use the T-sport engine and the Exige use this supercharged engine.

I've liked these for ages, good choice.

Black 197
Whyteleafe is just past purley yup, look out for my number plate J5 OEA. I will try and attend a local meet when my mate does with my old 172 anyway at some stage.

The T Sport is NA yea; 189bhp with the VVTL-I, and the compressor just has a supercharger strapped on.

The Stilo Schumacher is a nice car, I really like them but after owning 3 fiat's, decided I wanted something in the Toyota Range. The main reason for purchase was price, I got a very very good deal on it.

Thanks all for the comments :D

Cool... got a special female friend up that way just behind the Anne Summers building lol so will keep an eye out for you... Mini meet lol

Turbos.
For me, there is no way of making that Corolla look good TBH. I would never listen to my good lady's opinion on cars!

320d
My uncles on his second T-sport, the N/A one. He loves it, he had an 52 plate one and now a facelifted 54 plate one both from new. Niether has ever given him a problem, his current one is coming up for 5 years old now and its like brand new, however its only on about 20 odd thousand miles.

Comments about grown up hot hatch are spot on imo, he's 38 and it suites him perfectly.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
theres one round warrington, didnt realise it was a special model (in a 1 of 250 way) looks nice bud

MCS R56
Look nice enough but they are pretty awful cars in terms of handling. My mate had one and it was so dull!! Performance was pretty much identical to the Cup in a straight line, but the in gear performance was terrible!!

I hope you enjoy yours though.