ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car :) 205 GTi

I bought this over a month ago and now finally have it back from the bodyshop :D It is a 1.9 on a g plate and has a fully rebuilt engine and rear beam. Unfortunately the paint was pretty bad so it has been in for a full respray, looks as good as new now :D

All that is left to do is upgrade the suspension and have the wheels refurbed.

2050005-1.jpg

205-2PS.jpg

205-1PS.jpg

Steve

Always fancied one of these... lovely.

Whats more fun to drive?

Very tough one to answer this. The 182 was a lot easier to drive smoother, it wasn't so easily unsettled and generally made 'making progress' a lot more relaxed.

In the 205 you are a lot more conscious of being ragged about and certainly at speed the car seem's to be a lot more unsettleable (!!) BUT when it does go right it is a fantastic feeling, especially as my exhaust likes to pop and burble away to itself :D

The 182 was easier to drive for harder and longer. In the 205 even a shortish journey pushing it can be quite stressful!

Steve

tiTTy & SV650
gti is defo more fun than the 182 imo but I had both at the same time and as a result stopped driving the gti.

Out the box the handling is tremendous and parts are so cheap. Looks tidy, shame it's not Miami Blue ;)

I had a 1.9 gti and used to push it far more than I do my 172 - perhaps Im getting too old! great cars though

I think Im still getting used to it, certainly some corner's I have thrown it in and have been amazed at how much it grip's.

I think the trouble is that for a given speed it feels so much faster/ less relaxed that the 182 which in turn is telling my brain to slow down!

clio 172
actually how fast are they because thay dnt look very fast really i no there 1.9 and light but ..........

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
stunning, I had a 16 and it was canny fast, 19 would be mint - its like being in a very very fast go-kart really. ..... you've gotta love it!

Mountune Tractor
actually how fast are they because thay dnt look very fast really i no there 1.9 and light but ..........

They were just a great car to drive, when you dropped them on some decent springs you could just throw it into a corner at any speed you liked! brilliant! shame all the small pug's are crap now.

I had one and loved every minute of it, right up to the point the air flow meter failed (a common problem) and the cheapest quote i got for just the meter was £250!!! It had to go, the car was only worth £600!!

The 172 is a different class though, but i suppose its a few years ahead of the 205 in technology terms now!

I love them both.

I had a 1.9 gti as well.. looked just like yours.. great pics by the way! The generation of the real hot hatches are now long gone. I have a pic but think I'll leave it in the folder, my picture taking skills are not quite as good as yours.. :) Enjoy!

Clio 172 Mk2 PH2
I had a 1.6 years ago, it was the benchmark hot hatch of it's day. It was a tad tail happy as i recall. :eek:

williams 2 turbo
i love these, i was after one that i saw locally before i got another valver. the owner wouldnt sell it, it was a left hooker 205 t16.

I had a 1.6 years ago, it was the benchmark hot hatch of it's day. It was a tad tail happy as i recall. :eek:

I've yet to experience that..thankfully! Although being older and wiser (???) as well having a fairly smooth driving style seems to help. No doubt it will come soon enough tho!

Thanks for all the positive comment's on both the pics and the cars :)