ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new alloys maybe not everyone's choice !!

Clio 172 ph1
Well where do I start lol !! I've been and got a new set of alloys from my m8 for the clio however the wheels came off a vauxhall so I've had to rebore them as they were et49 I do like the alloys that's on mine at the moment but to be fair I like to be different !!

my alloys at the moment

imagejpg4_zpsa9e192f3.jpg

the wheels I've now got and started to refurb them trial fit of 1 alloy

imagejpg2_zpse2fe197a.jpg

they do need a refurb !!

imagejpg1_zps4e4812d1.jpg

Clio 172 ph1
Yes I've got the centre caps I was trial fitting m8 , the first set are 16's there gonna be my main use on the car and these others will be used as my winter wheel's !!

Clio 172 ph1
They actually came off a corsa b and a lot of old school astra's and cavaliers had these on !! As soon as I've done a refurb on them and sprayed them white I'm sure they will look good , I'm still waiting for my spacers to arrive this week too !!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
They actually came off a corsa b and a lot of old school astra's and cavaliers had these on !! As soon as I've done a refurb on them and sprayed them white I'm sure they will look good , I'm still waiting for my spacers to arrive this week too !!

I was going to say I recognised them, had some on my old Corsa B.

Clio 172 ph1
Better pic of the alloys on a nova

imagejpg1_zpsea3e2730.jpg

but as I've said I wanted to be different and not have the same old alloys on a clio !

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chip and leslie had some on a mk1 and a black 172.

Good looking wheels tbh. Vauxhall Cesaros?

Clio 172 ph1
Oh lol we'll either way I've now bored them out and they go over the hubs and all line up , so it's just getting them stripped down and sanded !!

Clio 172 ph1
REQUIRED TOOLS:

Router
Rabbet router bit with a 1⁄2” depth and width of cut
WD-40

is all I used m8 and to be fair it's done a good job of them and they fit so ( happy days )

Clio 172 ph1
It's gonna take a while to do a proper re-furb but I do think they will look good on , I was havering a think last night of doing them orange lol

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
...I hope you got a proper machine shop to bore them out to the correct Renault centre bore.

Otherwise I'd invest in some spigot rings.

EDIT: never mind.

Clio 172
Meaning ? My m8 lent me the bits to do it as he had done his wheels before

as for colour - think silver but am thinking white or lime green lol

Silver or a dark silver every time. Lime green will look halfords/McDonald carpark in my opinion and White should be the reserve of the rally bread car! ;)

19e1d53c.jpg