ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new alloys are rubbing, any advice?

A white and black one
I have recently fitted 16" alloys to my car and everytime i go round a island it rubs the rear arches. Should i take them out, or anything else i could do?

Cheers

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
Wouldnt advise taking them out as mate done this on his 106 and he had wet rear seats...
Not cool if you like the rear seats to be dry at times .

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Sounds like you need to get a set of wheels with the right offset - the wheels you are running will have an offset that is to low.

Basically the higher the offset the more the wheels are tucked in, the lower the offset the more they stick out.

With a higher offset you have the option of spacing out the wheels (by running hubcentric spacers), but your pretty stuffed if the offset if to low already - only option would be skinny tyres perhaps but probably easier to get another set of wheels.....