ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Albi 197

Albi 197
Hi, I've not been too active on the forums before as I've never actually owned an RS before this. Been looking around for a while and when this popped up not too far away for a reasonable price, I went to look at it.

I knew as soon as I saw it that I wouldn't be leaving without her! Seemed to tick all the right boxes so I drove off a happy chappy!

She is a 2006 Albi Blue 197 that as far as I can tell is pretty much standard, 30k miles, FSH etc...

All these photo's were taken before I gave her a proper wash!

15023948936_44a2677bdb_b.jpg

14860219119_6649e6a57a_b.jpg

14860367158_79f440204a_b.jpg

Albi 197
I was originally after a 182, went to look at a few but something put me off every time! Still getting used to the power, especially after a 1.2 16v campus...

Albi 197
Very happy with it, just needs the best part of a day giving it a proper clean I think.

Sad thing is that as I wasn't impressed with the part ex quote for my old campus, I declined it and brought it home. Looks like that will be staying here for a while until I try to sell privately. Poor thing was on 40k when I bought it 4 years ago, now on 114k and the only thing that's gone wrong was the coil pack!

Albi 197
Another photo of my 3 cars, sold my old mk1 today sadly... Needed the space and I'm awful for keeping my old stuff!

9edese2e.jpg

Albi 197
Yeah they've all been great cars, never had anything major go wrong with any of them.

When I got the 197 it was very hard work when cold, but tank was nearly empty so brimmed with v-power and it seems a lot happier, still lumpy but nowhere near as bad!