ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new airbox, 0-100 mph video, I think it's quicker.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Certainly feels like it doesn't run out of breath so much at the top of 3rd and 4th.

Running this one against the clock I get a low 15 something :approve:

[youtube]N8F2aEgnUMg[/youtube]

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Is it totally standard...? I know it's light but that seems a bit too quick hehe! Would be interesting to see it done against GPS speed measuring though. Was that on the flat...?

Dan

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
have you changed the rev limiter?

yours is about 5mph fast than mine in 2nd and 3rd.

ValverInBits
quick as ever. Are you pushing it as hard in that vid? Don't see the shift light once. The other vid was always on the shift light.
Love your car :)

J03

MX5 1.8
god thats lightning quick for a clio... bet uve speeded it up really :p serv AND airbag light is on#

edit., what the hell 2nd gear gets you to nearly 70 mph!!!

Nippy white cup
Looking good Mark. I need to get a 0-100 done on mine..I think yours pulls better in some areas but mine seems to pull well even in 5th...has its great days and its good days like normal lol

This is the only decent vid I have...4th (with lower limiter) and a bit of 5th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_BaycY3oA

Chris

Nippy white cup
I think to be fair there will be a slight difference because of the angle of the camera....I think mine used to limit probably about 68ish...the limiter was higher in 3rd onwards

Chris

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Service and airbag light is on from removal of the driver's airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioners.

Nothing wrong with the engine! Nor do I want there to be which is why I was a little more considered in my use of revs and gear changes than I used to be, hence no gear change light.

M

mini-valver

Service and airbag light is on from removal of the driver's airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioners.

Nothing wrong with the engine! Nor do I want there to be which is why I was a little more considered in my use of revs and gear changes than I used to be, hence no gear change light.

Have you takem the loom etc out too? I've taken the passenger airnag, driver airbag, standard seats, all the airbag loom and airbag ECU. The loom and passenger airbag weigh a fair bit!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Looking good! I dnt reckon mine is far off that pace as it was before! Grp n, maxogen, angelworks inlets, decat to prospeed!

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
thats probably the fastest 172\182 etc speedo video ive seen! thats pretty impressive i think! :-D

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My hero. Drives how you should drive but has the appropriate sympathy, and no doubt its well looked after.

Mines 50k old and it pulls like a train. Doesn't get ragged within an inch of its life just driving to the shops and back......

Its just something i heard on the street, lol.

Certantly made a little difference on the viper i used, performed much better with a shorter cold air feed (Taken it off now coz it was s**t though compared to the standard box with the ITG panel filter im running now!)