ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 200

RS200
nice one who organised that track day? as soon as the 200 is run in im on a track cant wait to push it properly. The way i see it is that i love cars i love driving and to me the renaultsport clio 200 is the best brand new car out there at the moment u can buy for the price i payed im always gunna loose money buying new and i do think im stupid somtimes but i dont mind paying money for somthing im gunna love!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats what i did. Tbh the standard seats are great, and you actually sit lower in them!!! I sourced mine from an R27, so if/when i sell the car, i'll flog them on. Be a healthy market for them for a good few years :)

182 trophy
yes my 200 cup has the mp3 player and the hand book says 600 mile to keep it under 3500 rpm for run in and mines starting to feel much faster with nearly 1000 on it.i dont know how you are waiting 3 months i would be wounded i had to wait a week which was a sickener

RS200
a week! bloody hell they must have had one sitting around for you. i cant really get insured on one until oct anyway cos its when i,ll get my 4 years ncb. people have said cars with recaros are harder to sell on but i cant see why? people who buys these cars like speed and performance so they would like recaros! lol

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
people have said cars with recaros are harder to sell on but i cant see why? people who buys these cars like speed and performance so they would like recaros! lol

Your totally back to front.
The cars with recaros sell fast others sit around fact!
On the Cup 'full house' is what is needed.

RS200
whats even worse is even when i get the car ive got to run it in before i can really give it some beans! oh well good things come to those who wait. if it comes in october then in comes in october, nothing i can do about it really

182 trophy
to be honest i went to look at a cup in black with the recaros and aircon but it had the normal 200 alloys which i dont like so he had a look on the computer to see if there was one built with speedlines which there was if i had to wait the 3 months it would of had a spoiler aswell from the factory

BMW 320d M-Sport
I've booked a test drive today for next Saturday for a black 200 with the cup packs. Looks lovely and I actually like the moulded exhausts in the diffuser. The interior is pretty much the same as the 197 but it has iPod connectivity and this one has Recaro's. The yellow rev counter looks smart and some silver trim in the 197 has been changed to anthracite with some more RS logo's around. Also the cruise control switch has moved to down by the hand brake, which is a bit weird!

RS200
i think thats the speed limiter thats by the handbrake all the cruise controls are on the steering wheel

LY 200
Your totally back to front.
The cars with recaros sell fast others sit around fact!
On the Cup 'full house' is what is needed.

I was told different by the Dealer.

He said not many people like the Recaros because of wearing issues and comfort, especially if you've got the Cup Pack option on the 200.

I settled for the Cup pack and keeping the standard seats for a bit of comfort.

Cup pack + Recaros is going to be one hell of a hard ride imo, especially if you're going on a long journey.

LY 200
and you believed him?!

Thats why he is a salesman ;)

Lol.

It was the mrs he convinced, so I had no chance of getting them anyway.:dapprove:.

I thought he would have told me opposite though and advise me to get them, more money to put down their way.

Im happy with what i've ordered, and I could always put them in at a later stage if I wanted to. ;)

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think the normal seats are more 'comfy' but the recaro is more driver focused if that makes sense? (i've had both btw)

LY 200
+1 He did a number on you;)

I can see it now, got the perfect motor for you minus the recaros what do i need to say to clinch the sale;)

The Recaros were mentioned first off before I even said what colour and other options I wanted. :rasp:

It was brought up when I said I wanted the Cup Pack. It was only then he advised me about Recaros. ;)

P.S. Yes i'am regretting not getting them now. lol

Last edited:
  RS200
yeah the recaros look brilliant! but when i ordered the car i had never sat in them and thought i could be wasting money. the normal seats look a bit wack but there really comfy. i wonder if i could ring my dealer and say ive changed my mind about recaros?? the salesman said it probably wont even start being built will sept any way? hmmm

i expect im in a mornorty but i wouldnt have recaros :eek: i would have to try both cup pack an non to see which id prefer

LY 200
yeah the recaros look brilliant! but when i ordered the car i had never sat in them and thought i could be wasting money. the normal seats look a bit wack but there really comfy. i wonder if i could ring my dealer and say ive changed my mind about recaros?? the salesman said it probably wont even start being built will sept any way? hmmm

Let me know if they let you change your order.

RS200
so 197 gaz? uve had recaros and normal? would you say the recaros are ok to live with and not to uncomfortable?

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Recaros are excellent, finish the car imo. Mine are showing the dreaded wear on the drivers bolster, so going to source as Recaro cover. Cost about £40

GTD, Lupo
Read everyones replies and was thinking about putting a little input in :D

Heres the car:

DSC_0339-1.jpg

and the best option availible. I cant believe the salesman told you they would be too hard with the cup pack. He talked himself out of a bit of commission. The finish of the car nicely.

DSC_0345.jpg

Plus my new plates which turned up today :D

PlateImageService.png

Have had my 200 cup for about 3-4 weeks now and have just gone over 1.8k miles. Its had a number of issues but is a pretty sound car. First issue was a poorly fitting panel just below the bonnet between the bumper. This was the result of a broken clip. Soon to be replaced by renault under warrenty, once they get a new bumper in. On Friday night my accelerator peddle decided it was going to play up a little and now is extra hard to push all the way to the floor and makes a nasty clicking noise. New peddle is on order and will be replaced under warrenty aswell.

As for running the new car is, i contacted Renault about it as its bloody hard to stay below 3.5k. All they had to say was that its a recommendation so its up to you. The engine would have already been run on an engine test bed for about 1k so its already run in. The 625 miles is more or a beddin period for the gearbox, brakes and clutch.

Good luck with the new car but try and get the recaros :D you will only regret it.

Paul

RS200
Thanks for the input mate! very interesting read it seems like youve had a few unwelcome problems.
Ive only ever bought one new car which is my current zetec s and i havnt had one issue in 3 years so if the clio plays up when i finally get it i wont be happy.
Im not getting the cup though so i wont have ur alloys i like the new grey ones though. im thinking of ringing my dealer later and ask to maybe add the recaros to my options if poss. people are saying that they wear quite a bit though?

GTD, Lupo
Guess its like anything really. All goes down to how you treat things. If you are rough with them they will ware. Im very carefull getting in and out and brief people before getting in about not crushing the bulsters. No wear on mine at the moment :D but if you are not carefull i would imagine they could wear badly. For the first time since i have owned the car it actually started to loosen up this week and it finally feels fast :D. Very good car and you wont regret it :D. I only had to wait 2 weeks and it was a long two weeks so i feel for you :D

If you live any where near me im more than happy to show you the car? or have you already been for a test drive?

Paul

RS200
i live in london mate and yeah ive had a test drive it seems you go faster than it feels because there isnt loads of torque but the car i drove only had 120 miles on it so when its run in it should feel fine.
ive heard it takes a bit for the brakes to wear in as well? i just cant wait to get the bloody thing i keep looking at pics and talking to people on here about it.
i need to just not talk about it or think about it! lol

clio trophy No56
I saw my first GW 200 with black speedlines today, cup i think?
Had a little play with it in the Trophy and it seemed very planted to the road, but didnt get away from me, lol.
Got the thumbs up from the driver, i have posted on spotted on here and RS but no reply yet, just looked like a young lad.
I didnt like them in the pics i had seen but in the flesh it looked awsome!

LY 200
@ Gorms.

Lovely car mate!

Not sure if I can change my order. I'll get on the phone to them today once they open.

Might go for the speedlines too while im at it. :approve:

RS200
the 200 always looks much much better in the metal my friend didnt like it at all and came on the test drive with me and it blew him away. let me know if u can change your order tykers200

LY 200
Agree.

I didn't like it when I first saw the launch photos, but once I went to the dealers that was it, the deposit was down.

RS200
you say you have to wait till 7th of october? some people on here only waited weeks? i wonder why you and i have to wait so long?