ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182

Blackgold 182
Hi Guys,

Thought it was time to move on from the newbie section! So I picked up my Black 182 last night and had a nice wee drive home!

So far have noted:

Door check strap has gone.....wheres the best place to get one from?

Brakes are pulling to the left so Im assuming a caliper problem....will investigate more!

Windscreen washers are poor and the rear non existent. Motor is making a noise so I assume its the little rubber fix I need to do?

Car is quite slow compared to what I've been used to but if you give it plenty revs it does seem more happy! Great round the twisties though!

Car is in excellent condition appears to be FF? Has a FSH with the exeption of one stamp

As with all standard ones...the stereo is crap....is it just a standard single din?

So I'm pretty much a happy bunny really! Will follow up with some pics once I clean it!!

Billy

clio 182 black /gold
Helllo Billy and welcome. The rear wash wiper fault is a diaphram in the motor which will have split. Enjoy your new car.

172 Cup
If you want you engine power to even out a bit across the rev range i would definitely recommend the 98RON remap from Fastchip :)

Blackgold 182
Helllo Billy and welcome. The rear wash wiper fault is a diaphram in the motor which will have split. Enjoy your new car.

Do I need a new motor then?

If you want you engine power to even out a bit across the rev range i would definitely recommend the 98RON remap from Fastchip :)

Wont be looking for a remap until a bit further down the line! Want to get the car sweet first and find any niggles before I decide between ITB's and Supercharger!

Titanium 182
Welcome :) you can change the washer jets to Citroen ones which are miles better and cheap. (Front not back)

Blackgold 182
Here she is! Even managed a quick wash in the rain/hail/snow!!

IMG_1057_zps5fe169b7.jpg

IMG_1058_zpsbb5bbc03.jpg

IMG_1059_zps00ec31c9.jpg

IMG_1060_zpscbe199e7.jpg

IMG_1061_zps6882e2e1.jpg

PH2 RS172
looks very nice mate. radio is a straight swap single din. prob need an aerial bullet but otherwise should fit spot on. book about 50 quid max extra if you want the steering control adaptor with a remote input ready radio. only go brand names aswell.. no halfords or aldi specials lol :)

Blackgold 182
looks very nice mate. radio is a straight swap single din. prob need an aerial bullet but otherwise should fit spot on. book about 50 quid max extra if you want the steering control adaptor with a remote input ready radio. only go brand names aswell.. no halfords or aldi specials lol :)

Dont worry Im an Alpine fan!

PB Clio 172
looks nice

when were the belts done and who did them. the cam timing can be out very easy on these and this would affect the power

Blackgold 182
Belts were done 15k ago by what looks like a local garage in Arbroath

Spoke to the garage today who apparently did the timing belt and they confirmed they never have! So that means one of the owners along the line has been lying!! DOH!!

Oh well trip too my local garage for a chat then!!

Clio 172 Phase 2
Spoke to the garage today who apparently did the timing belt and they confirmed they never have! So that means one of the owners along the line has been lying!! DOH!!

I was in the same boat mate. fuming then i find a oil leaking all over the cambelt and pulleys

107 Track Car & C4

I take it you never got any proof of the belts being done then?