ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182 *Liquid Yellow content inside*

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Morning all,

So as some of you already know I bought an Audi A1 and after driving it it slowly but surely destroyed my back, this was the final push for me to get rid of all of the finance and PCP deals in my life and actually own a car again for once, luckily Audi are a client at work so I got the handover sorted pretty quickly.

Been in the market for a 172 phase 2 for about a month but couldn't find the right one I wanted and none of the colours really appealed to me so I decided i wanted a LY 182, after searching for a while and looking at others (one from RevitUp UK which was a bit of a nail) I noticed williams motor company in Cardiff had one in stock so I made the 4 hour train journey to Cardiff to check it out with the intention of buying it, I got there and it looks MINT, one small stone chip on the bonnet and one tiny (wouldn't notice it unless you look for it) scratch on the rear bumper.

Agreed a price and I drove it away.

previous owner was called Kurt think he had the reg KUR7T if anyone knows of him?

Spec is :

• Liquid Yellow ID paint
  • K-tec / Gaz coilover kit
  • K-tec exhaust with a decat but he gave me the original cat incase i don't like the decat
  • wheels refurbed 1 month ago
  • streamline carbon engine cover
  • yellow intake hose
  • K-tec front strut brace
  • streamline carbon fuse box cover
  • both cup packs

plans are to change the coilovers to a decent set (in the next 2 weeks)

MAYBE change the exhaust to a yozza but i sort of like this one.

Things that need doing

• one steering wheel thumb grip is peeling so i have ordered carbon replacement ones
  • i want to get a full check over from birchdown as it has a loud whirring noise over 80mph on the motorway (wheels bearing maybe)
  • brake sensor fault which makes the ESP and Service light come on after a while (been told this is a common fault?)
  • alignment been done today as the steering wheel is slightly off centre aswell (anyone know if this is the alignment or not?)
  • New tyres today as the ones on it are fine tread wise butt they are crap tyres.
pics:

on my drive

4bbd62c0.jpg

479362e9.jpg

engine

renault-clio-hatchback-petrol_6146494.jpg

when i got it

f96f9881.jpg

690cf7a9.jpg

141f90e7.jpg

77640067.jpg

and some tunnels on the way home

th_3f078607.jpg

the question in bold, if anyone knows anything about this as I'm a bit clueless with the 182 I would really appreciate any help

hope you like.

Lynden

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Ah you bought this one, saw it advertised and it looks great!! How's it drive?

Tom

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Looks quality mate - good purchase

My 182 does the old ESP light trick too - never got round to fixing it but a quick engine off and then on usually fixes it. I'd say a wheel bearing on the noise at 80 mate as mine did that too.

Some others on here will no doubt of had it also.

Enjoy the 182!!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Hope you paid considerably less than the asking price baring in mind high miles and the bits you've got to do...

Are the wheels black or anthracite?

Isnt the warning light coming on a symptom of low brake fluid? Have you checked the levels?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hope you paid considerably less than the asking price baring in mind high miles and the bits you've got to do...

Are the wheels black or anthracite?

Isnt the warning light coming on a symptom of low brake fluid? Have you checked the levels?

High miles?! Get a grip.

Looks great Lynden. I love those wing mirrors, they look superb!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Thanks guys and yeh I paid £3750 and he refunded my £61.50 train ticket and a full tank of fuel :) bargain in my eyes and 94k is hardly high mileage.

It drives brilliantly, still getting used to having actual power again and i haven't nailed it yet but it feels like its on rails!

Sweet little car

That is absolutely stunning! Not sure about the wing mirrors myself but it really stands out with black wheels. Did you get the steering wheel alignment sorted? (a lot of people on here have posted about it if you run a search). Enjoy! :D

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I didnt even notice the mirrors, so yes, they are subtle.

Well done Brench, looks lovely

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Thanks dude :) yeh I like the wing mirrors, nice subtle mod!

The shocks say 'Gaz' on them, are these decent coilovers to have?

Fiesta ST-3
Nice car mate. I love the mix up of CarboN. LY seems to be one of those colours it really works with.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Looked at the advert for that a few times, not to actually buy.. just dreaming haha..

Enjoy your car!

Nimbus Megane R26
Wasnt a fan of your A1 tbh mate..thats a really nice car. Welldone on buying it without all the pcp/loan stuff..iv always bought my cars cash and would never get into debt for one. But each to their own :)

Nice one bud!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh the carbon looks cool, just ordered my steering wheel thumb grips this morning from streamline and very very tempted to buy carbon diamonds :s

Z4
Lovely mate, no doubt you will miss the build quality of the Audi but hopefully this makes up for it in fun.

Makes me laugh you've decided to get new coilovers for it already without even properly testing what's on there. Personally I'd keep the Ktec, they're not bad!

TTRS & V50
Wonky steering wheel is most likely tracking, yes, previous owner possibly didn't get the tracking doing after fitting the coilovers. Or he's hit a curb and thats knocked the tracking out giving good reason for a wheel refurb.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks very nice.

Is it me that thinks the front wheel looks right deep into the arch ?? Or is it probs cos i cant see the tyres ?

Sam!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
High miles?! Get a grip.

Looks great Lynden. I love those wing mirrors, they look superb!

I'll rephrase... Higher miles but similar price / more than the last few that have sold, then to be listing things to replace! At £3750 it's better priced than it was listed at. Only need to look at Daves Trophy/Fletch's 172 to know that these things will go on and on if serviced regularly :)