ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182 - first impressions

Clio 182, M3 Evo
Replaced our black 52 plate 1.6 16v with a silver 182 (04 plate) with cup pack last weekend and spent the next few days whizzing about in it. First impressions are very good, lots of acceleration and goes round corners well. Find the seats very comfy and that they hold you well as you as you corner. Less impressed with the torque steer and that the car seems a bit skittish when you floor it in third. I suppose that’s the price you pay for having so much power being put through the front wheels.

The car looks good and being silver I won’t have to clean it every other day like I did the black one! Will never have black again, looks really good when clean & polished but as soon as it rained…

TDI tyre shreader
Give it the bollox in 1st and dont hold the steering wheel scary torque steer!!!

Jones said:
Give it the bollox in 1st and dont hold the steering wheel scary torque steer!!!

^^^^^^^^^^he knows . welcome chap 2 cs enjoy the moment and we would like some pics 2 , :cool: :cool:

Clio 182, M3 Evo
Rich - being silver it means I will spend less time cleaning it and more time driving it. That has to be good news! :D :D

Vrrrrmmm Vrrrrrmm!

182 Full Fat
Thomss said:
lol I'll have to try that!!! :p

Have fun with your new car! :D

Don't do it near a kerb, as the camber in the road will throw you towards it and you will scuff those lovely alloys :eek:

Yaris Hybrid
The torque steer is the best bit as it makes the driving more exciting and involving. I have driven quicker RWD and 4WD cars that feel slower and more boring because you just sit there with nothing to do.

Clio 172 mk2
Toypop said:
The torque steer is the best bit as it makes the driving more exciting and involving. I have driven quicker RWD and 4WD cars that feel slower and more boring because you just sit there with nothing to do.

Agree to a certain extent....my old car was 4wd and quicker but lacked the feedback of teh little Clio:D

Welcome to the forum by the way:D

Clio 182, M3 Evo
Must confess that I prefer rwd. Power at the back leaves the front wheels free to do what they are supposed to do - steer the car.

Have some sympathy with the comment that the torque steer makes it more involving; you certainly can't relax when the wheels are scrabbling at the tarmac :D

Nissan 350Z
The torque steer on the Clio is nothing. Try driving a powerful turbodiesel or turbo petrol and you'll know what torque steer is. My mates chipped 1.8T Ibiza spins up in third in the dry! I find the Clios power easy to put down, and that makes a very fast car off the mark.

Clio 172 mk2
I've never found the grip/torque steer a problem in the 172....like you say, compared to a lot of other cars it's not too bad.