ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172

ph2 172
Picked up my 172 today
Got a few mods

Ktec stealth exhaust
Apex 40mm springs
Ktec carbon thumb grips
Viper induction kit

148898_10151754581525691_544630690_24639812_1331432115_n.jpg

380175_10151754578805691_544630690_24639801_95525301_n.jpg

One with my sons dci 80 which some of you may recognize from here

292547_10151754580200691_544630690_24639806_1643114566_n.jpg

Few little bits that need doing, Skoda splitter, 3/4 plate and silver visions shorter arial and a rear wiper.

pimp mobile Zafira
Looks lovely. Always amazes me how great these cars look considering how old they are. Any plans?

ph2 172
Looks lovely. Always amazes me how great these cars are considering how old they are. Any plans?

Concidering the age compared to other makes they are amazing.
As for plans? i'm going to enjoy it how it is for now and make subtle changes as time goes. Fabia front splitter, silvertec bulbs and a bit a engine bay detailing will be first i think.
Other bits as and when funds allow.

pimp mobile Zafira
Concidering the age compared to other makes they are amazing.
As for plans? i'm going to enjoy it how it is for now and make subtle changes as time goes. Fabia front splitter, silvertec bulbs and a bit a engine bay detailing will be first i think.
Other bits as and when funds allow.
Sounds like a good plan. Enjoy.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely mate! Need some clear indicators though imo, got some spare for cheap incase you agree and want them lol.

ph2 172
Not sure about FCS, Nick keeps pestering me about it.
Clear indicators on the shopping list. May possibly have some here.

ph2 172
very nice car!! (steviem borght it of me today) hope you injoy it as much as i did. your boys clio is very nice as well.

You've made some very nice touches and its a credit to you. Hope add my own mark on it soon.
BTW, i've not even driven it yet. :(

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
welcome sir,and nice to have another older statesman lol.
thats pretty cool,dad and son both in the same club.
car looks a cracker by the way.

BG 182
looks lovely steve might have to pop round for a look one of these nights, really will be a garden full of clios then aswell :)

ph2 172
looks lovely steve might have to pop round for a look one of these nights, really will be a garden full of clios then aswell :)

you should of been here yesterday Sam, had 3 in the garden as Adam was down in his 182. Good photo opportunaty then with 2 black and 2 silver clio's.

Iceberg 172
looks a good example! liking the badges and bullets! alloy refurb in the same sort of colour? :)! how do you find the apex's for comfort etc? the drop is pretty spot on!

ph2 172
looks a good example! liking the badges and bullets! alloy refurb in the same sort of colour? :)! how do you find the apex's for comfort etc? the drop is pretty spot on!

Took her out for the first time on steady drive this morning. (not been outa hospital long and not up to blasting around......yet) But on the main roads the Apex's were fine. Firm and felt positive and feels like she'll give you confidence on a run on the twisty bits. :)
On our village pothole/dodgy repaired/shoddy tarmac'd roads they are a tad harsh and dont give much. But its swings n roundabouts as i've found in the past with other cars i've owned. If you want extreme comfort then leave well alone. If you want it to stick like the proverbial to a blanket then you have to sacrifice something.
Alloys could do with a good refurb as curbed faily heavy in places, but that will be something to think about in the future. Probably need to play with photoshop if i consider colouring them???

ph2 172
Fabia front splitter on the shopping list. Standard air box ordered to replace the viper. After a few searches and opinions i think its a better option.
Also my views on the apex have changed having driven the car for a week or two now. They just do not do the car much justice on uneven and broken surfaces and the car just jumps and skips across the road. Looking at changing to Eibach but still confused as to which are going to be a better option. Pro's or Sports??
I want to go for a smoother more comfy ride rather than lower stance but still improve the handling.