ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk1 Project.

Clio 1.4 Maxim
hey ive been following some of your guys projects for some time, and well i thought id finally add mine to the collection, altho mine will be no where near as good a read as some,

i have a mk1 phase 3 i think, in black its my pride and joy, its a 1.4, only really just got into messing about with it looks good so far i think,
few marks here and there that need sorting but its gettin there, anyways heres the mods so far

New Alloy's 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in Black,
Uprated Disk and Pads
Exhaust
Lowered, ON Fk Coilovers, Koni Rear Shocks

think thats about it, just got some detailing bits together and really getting into keep it clean, but thats another topics

heres some pics, let us know what ya think

IMG00248.jpg

IMG00239.jpg

IMG00241.jpg

IMG00242.jpg

IMG00240.jpg

IMG00236.jpg

Clio 1.4 Maxim
hmm yeah think im gonna lower the back end a few more mm even it out,
got some seats to go in soon gonna re-trim door cards and rear seat to match,
think im gonna color code this summer cause need new wings and front bumper,
might get 16v wings for it, what ya reckon??

maybe some kinda minor sound systems cause i like my music , also gonna get some little bits for my engine and give it a quick service new spark plugs, oil change, engine flush, induction kits and decat maybe, dunno,

gonna keep it for a while dnt need any thing faster only really use it to get to town and work, no need for anything faster and more expensive to run lol,

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
hmm like the look of it as it is. sleeper potential me thinks!!! nice meaty engine up front

Clio 1.4 Maxim
thanks for the reply's guys, glad people like it, i have thought about engine swaps would love a gtt engine in there, but it will have to wait wanna get it all tidied up first.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
really like the simplicity of your clio! it looks superb in black! i also own a mk1 ph3...

one question i had though was what front pads and discs did you upgrade to? where from and can you notice the performance difference? i was thinking of doing something along these lines myself...

cheers! J

Clio 1.4 Maxim
Re: My Mk1 Project., need some advice

ive got some new seats that i sould get fitted soon, and am thinking i want to stripping the rear out, just seats and parcel shelf, sub box , carpet but keep trim in, whats ever one reckon is it worth it on a 1.4 ??

1.8 8v RSi
what i would strip in your car..
remove all carpet and seats then remove the sound deadening tar underneath the carpet and in the boot. then put the carpet back in except the boot carpet. leave the rear seats out and take away the rear plastics. then paint the inside black....will look good and be worth about 30 kgs of weight i think

Clio 1.4 Maxim
dnt think i wanna go that far tho, as if i dnt like the noise and stuff of rear being stripped i wanna be able to put it bk, lol

1.8 8v RSi
u can put it all back as long as u keep it....you would be loosing rattles by gettin rid of plastic.....just removing rear bench will create rattles(trust me)

1.8 8v RSi
you wont break it trust me....i tried to snap the old trim in half and couldnt.....its simply unclips off a rubber covered metal lip and easily clips back on with preasure. hell if you live close enough ill do it for ya lol

Clio 1.4 Maxim
if you reckon its easy ill try it lol
gotta remember its only a 1.4 will it give much of a noticable difference

1.8 8v RSi
u will notice the backs a bit more twitchy at higher speeds....and to notice the differance u really have to know what your supposed to be noticing

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^lmao who cares where it is!

Nice choice of car mate, got the exact same as u but in blue. Im liking the way uv lowered it, how much it cost u to get done??? and how low av u gone?? nowhere round my way will touch myne cause of the torsion bar!

Lookin smart though pal. Id say strip the back seats and just carpet all the way through, as uv been sayin its only a 1.4 so we wont notice much power difference but will probably notice the petrol difference with the reduced weight. Im planning on stripping myne out at the back just like another lad off here sambo_rsi or summat like that!

Keep us updated mate cause im gna do it once iv sin u do it lol.

1.8 8v RSi
i got the bk of my mk1 stripped in an RSi;) very noticable power gain concidering it had full leather interior before and heavy valver alloys;)

Mk1 Maxim Sport
yeh well wit a 1.8 valver im sure ull notice the difference but on a 1.4 8v i doubt u will tbh. when i take my heavy sound system out of me boot it doesnt make much differnce to performance but does save petty

1.8 8v RSi
i dont have a valver :D
and i noticeda small the differnce in my old 106 when i took the 15 inch sub out n amp ect....
it will do something for the performance no matter what car it is.
you notice instant differance in handeling n braking though

Mk1 Maxim Sport
yeh handling i can understand but i still aint convinced about performance. i didnt mean valver i just meant a 1.8 lol.

I dunno i suppose its worth stripping the back regardless of performance improvments just to stop ppl asking for lifts lol

1.8 8v RSi
its usfull for that lol....and the skip run lol....

oh yeah i have lightweigth buckets to....they do help a fair bit... lol...
there's so much you could do to the weight just to gain more power....thing is....
if it's yoru daily ride then can you cope with living in an echoy tin

Mk1 Maxim Sport
lol exactly, thats why i aint going all out an stripping it completely. The rattles are bad enough now never mind if i fully stripped it!

Clio 1.4 Maxim
IMG00239.jpg

Bit of a long shot....

That's not banbury is it?

na mate its in a place called "newark" near lincoln and nottingham lol, its in the corner of our local bus station car parks lol,

as for the question about the torsion bar me and my dad fitted the coilovers, was dead easy, first time iv ever messed with suspension aswell lol, just followed the clio modifing haynes manual, and the torsiojn bar was the same, torsion bar took about 3 hours one saturday afternoon,

coilovers took more like the whole day, was a bit of a pain, but all worth it now,

think im gonna strip bits out bk and lower the rear end at least 3 more cm and see what i get if i dnt like it, sould be easy enough to put bk together

Clio 1.4 Maxim
Mk1 Project, Need Some Advice On My Seats

right iv got some seats to go in soon, and iv bought cobra subframes, can i use the seat belt pre tensioners on my original seats on these frames, or what do i need to make them work with my exsisting seat belts

Clio 1.4 Maxim
i did it, well half did it to see what its like for a bit hopefully get my new seats in this weekend sould make it look better, let us know what ya think

S5030003.jpg

S5030004.jpg

1.8 8v RSi
looks good....but if i remember correctly your car will fail an MOT with the seat belts still in in the back

Clio 1.4 Maxim
probably will but the seats will be back in way before my mot lol this is just cause i was bored, and judging by the noise it wont stay like this for long

Clio 1.4 Maxim
oh you girl....be a man and accept french cars rattle!

they rattle when there put together let alone when there are parts missing lol, think ill keep it for a while lower the bk end abit more and fit my seats then go from there!!

1.8 8v RSi
oh you girl....be a man and accept french cars rattle!

they rattle when there put together let alone when there are parts missing lol, think ill keep it for a while lower the bk end abit more and fit my seats then go from there!!
think of it this way. the more u take out the less there is to rattle(in theory) but yeah cool....i say go for it:p

Mk1 Maxim Sport
id leave the back seats out if i were u mate, it looks alot better with em out. take them side trims off and the seatbelts out and then there isnt much left to rattle tbh. get a big piece of lightweight mdf across the floow and carpet it and itll look crackin!

How easy did u get them back seats out. i managed to get mine out the other day but only the bottom bit cause it slips out piece of piss, couldnt work out how to get the back rest bits out though, tbh i was in a rush but how did u get em out?

are you simons brother? i had a mk1 in newark here a pic- i dont know whether u'll regognise it?
036.jpg

minetevscars5-1.jpg

anyway its a well nice motor! urs i mean lol

Clio 1.4 Maxim
are you simons brother? i had a mk1 in newark here a pic- i dont know whether u'll regognise it?
036.jpg

minetevscars5-1.jpg

anyway its a well nice motor! urs i mean lol

yeah man iv seen yours around , saw it on pistonheads aswell lol, you get it sold ???