ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk1 FRS

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
I wish I took the plunge a few years ago and got one of these!!

As a daily and covering 14k a year now, I don't think it would be such a sensible idea now :frowning:
Lovely always wanted one! Came close a few times to buying one!

Go for it next time you get the chance! You won't regret it! As you can see from the start date of thread iv had it since 09 and before I had been changing my main cars every few months! At just shy of 300 ponies I think it's plenty for the driving I do and still economic.

Peugeot 308
Go for it next time you get the chance! You won't regret it! As you can see from the start date of thread iv had it since 09 and before I had been changing my main cars every few months! At just shy of 300 ponies I think it's plenty for the driving I do and still economic.

I've not been in the position of late to justify it unfortunately 😞
And now I've got myself a fiesta st for 2 years lol.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
ah wont happen now really got a company car and then my track car. if I change jobs then I would consider it again

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Spec is:
JEK manifold
Forge actuator
Forge 007 recyrc
Gen II
Blueflame downpipe
Scorpion downpipe back
Custom map

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Brilliant cars IMO, by far the best car I've owned so far, even it does piss me off at times. lol

Forgot to say running standard turbo atm.
Had planned on possibly a hybrid turbo at some stage, but love the way the car drives as it is, so will stay for now.
Turning my attentions on another project, which driveability wont be an issue.....
Think the Focus would be my favourite car iv owned to date, with the Trophy very close second

Forgot to say running standard turbo atm.
Had planned on possibly a hybrid turbo at some stage, but love the way the car drives as it is, so will stay for now.
Turning my attentions on another project, which driveability wont be an issue.....
Think the Focus would be my favourite car iv owned to date, with the Trophy very close second

Yeah mine has a hybrid turbo and tbh it does cause a bit of turbo lag, it is the 1st Gen of hybrids though and I believe the more modern versions eliminate the lag better.

Focus RS mk1
Yeah mine has a hybrid turbo and tbh it does cause a bit of turbo lag, it is the 1st Gen of hybrids though and I believe the more modern versions eliminate the lag better.
jonff is your hybrid a john frs hybrid? Im running a turbo dynamics stage 1 and there is next to no lag at all but this is a roller bearing hybrid so thats probably why. Who has mapped yours?

jonff is your hybrid a john frs hybrid? Im running a turbo dynamics stage 1 and there is next to no lag at all but this is a roller bearing hybrid so thats probably why. Who has mapped yours?

It is mate yeah, the 1st version of it. You're near as damn 400bhp iirc? Mine has only has the Dreamscience Race+ map on it.

Focus RS mk1
Yeh just a shade over 400, i was just 1 day away from having a john frs hybrid myself when up poped the td, was really lucky with it as these hardly ever come up for sale and from new they are crazy money!