ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My main issue with the 197 is...

Mondeo STTDCI
nissan_micra_sport_23_06_05.jpg

rncli037.jpg

No matter how hard I try.... :S

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
that pic is the most unflattering picture of the 197 imo, just looks wrong, i'm resrving judgement till i see one in the metal, they look very 'bulbous'(sp)though LOL

Black 172 MK2
omg i thought those pics were of the same car untill i scrolled down and read some posts lol

172 Cup
Looks like a Nissan Micra from the rear quarter and a Ford KA from the rear, and a Peugeot 206 from the side. The only "good" angle is front on, and that's pushng it a bit.

Black/Gold 182
have to admit I can't see myself buying one, after I've had the 182 for a bit think it will be time to upgrade to something better

Silver 172 PhII
I thought the new Clio shares the same platform as the Modus which is the same as the new Nissan Note. I think the Micra will provide the platform for the new Twingo sized car which Renault will bring out whenever. I could be wrong, but the Clio is larger than the Micra. The main similarity is inside. My g/f has just got a new Micra C+C (hence how I know the above having chatted to the Nissan sales guy for a while) and Renault have deffinately been raiding the Nissan interior parts bin. The new round heater controls, for example are almost identical on the Clio and Micra. This isn't such a bad thing as Nissan do build cars that never seem to break but the net result is they all start to look the same. As manufacturers begin to team up this will become more and more common (another example is the Toyota Aygo/Citroen C1/Pug whateveritscalled)

Mini Cooper S sport
jeccross said:
have to admit I can't see myself buying one, after I've had the 182 for a bit think it will be time to upgrade to something better

Agree with you there, think I'll bypass the 197 and go for something different. I even (hate to say it) think the new Civic Type R looks good from what I've seen.

You've done it now, I'll always think 'Micra' when I see pictures :dapprove: