ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Liquid Yellow 182

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Finally thought i'd start a progress thread on my Liquid Yellow 182.

After 3 years of ownership it was time to move on from my 1.2, was sad to see it go but it was to slow for me and i'd started to out grow it. All I've been wanting for the last 3 years is a 182, either in LY or RB.
I spent a good few weeks searching for a clean Liquid Yellow as I've always adored this colour, and I got in contact with Laura on here. She was very helpful and sent me tons of pics and info on the one she was selling. I managed to sell my 1.2 in less them 12 hours, so I drove up the following day to see Laura's and I had to have it! Gorgeous colour, and bar the exhaust it was a minter.

Here's my 1.2

IMG_0501-1.jpg

My old progress thread is here if anyone is interested in it:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?538180-My-1-2-16v-Dynamique

Anyway, the Liquid Yellow:
Completely standard, full fat with both Cup packs.

Here is how it started, couple of the pics from the first day I had it, after fitting my wind deflectors and stubby ariel:

Clio2-2.jpg

Clio3-2.jpg

First thing I wanted to do was change the exhaust. The standard one was rotten, full of water and mounts were knackered. I was planning on changing it regardless, but this gave me an excuse to do sooner ;)

I always wanted a new Yozza (JP) exhaust but didn't have the money to spend £500+ on an exhaust and I was worried id get pissed off with how loud it was. In the end I opted for the Janspeed/KTR Ultra, with a decat. Couldn't be more happier, lovely sounding exhaust although it does get quite loud at about 70 which can make your ears bleed.

Here's a crappy phone video I made, although the audio isn't so good:
[video=youtube_share;AfwdRxZ7J2U]http://youtu.be/AfwdRxZ7J2U[/video]

I then started to do a few bits and pieces to tidy the car up. It needed a new splitter as the old one had a massive crack in it and was on its last legs, so Skoda splitter fitted. I also needed a new drivers side fog as again it had a massive crack in it and was full of moisture. I also fitted silvertec indicator bulbs all round and white side lights. I fitted fresh plates, aero wipers and the new style Renault Sport badge set :) I also fitted a PH1 172 airbox with a pipercross filter :)

20120506_173500.jpg

20120506_173551.jpg

20120506_173539.jpg

This is how it sat until a few days ago:

026-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

After years of wanting some I managed to get hold of some Speedline Turinis. They were mint, apart from a tiny bit of curbing on one of them which is barely noticeable and were in better nick than my Cup alloys. Fitted them two days ago, and I love them! Actually really like them in silver.

This is how the car currently looks:
001-6.jpg

006-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

Which brings me onto my next mod. Coilovers. Which I have literally just ordered so should be with me soon! Not going to slam it, but plan on giving it a nice drop to make the wheels look more part of the car.

Other than that I want to get spray shack to put yellow writing on my bullets, and I plan on getting my interior colour coded. I'd also love some Recaro's if and when I can afford to get some, and Id love to do the roof and pillars in Alacantra :cool:

Thank's for reading, I plan on keeping this regularly updated.

Mark

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
lovely :)

nice write up... with the wind deflectors... do they reduce wind noise on motorways with the windows down?

lol at not wanting a loud exhaust but getting a decat :eek:

why coilovers? shouldve got sachs, trendlines and a trophy spoiler. ly trophy :p that was going to be my plan if i got a ly 182 instead of my r27

i think i'll be following this :approve:

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
lovely :)

nice write up... with the wind deflectors... do they reduce wind noise on motorways with the windows down?

lol at not wanting a loud exhaust but getting a decat :eek:

why coilovers? shouldve got sachs, trendlines and a trophy spoiler. ly trophy :p that was going to be my plan if i got a ly 182 instead of my r27

i think i'll be following this :approve:

Thank you. ahah ;) It was more what I could afford at the time to be honest.

Just because I can adjust the height to how I want, and having had coilovers on my other Clio I kind of miss them. Was tempted by Sach, I dunno, maybe one day, I've only just got it haha.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Regarding the wind deflectors, I'm not sure, I have AC haha. I just like the look of them. They are handy if it raining and you want the window down a tad.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
fair dos :)

sachs will be as stiff as the coilovers :rasp: how did you find the cup chassis/suspension in this compared to your 1.2? i find this so much stiffer lol!

i dont like using my ac... mpg is poor as it is :p i may invest in the wind deflectors :D

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks really good. The turinis in silver look great against LY. did you have to polish much of the boot lid from taking off the old badge? I want to replace mine with a new style one.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ok I will try it soon. Where did you get the badge from too?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ah of course. I've seen them on there now come to think of it

Cheers mate

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Got my coilovers fitted at Stone Automotive, (James Stone) today, top lad.

Quick phone pic of it currently, debating weather to drop it a tad lower on the rear or not. Better pics to come tomorrow.

575869_10151043584840992_1838046748_n.jpg

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Have yet to get some decent pics as its pissing it down atm, here's another quick one from yesterday, maaay get some later if the rains stops.

545086_10151043580995992_412332637_n.jpg

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thought id update with a few more recent pics of the LY :)

Haven't really got many more plans for it tbh:

001-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

005-8.jpg

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
I want your car so bad! Haha. You going to leave it as it is now mate? (except the detail)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I want your car so bad! Haha. You going to leave it as it is now mate? (except the detail)

haha, yeah pretty much I think mate, need to raise the front a tad as it rubs on tight corners sometimes, but about it tbh.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
glad your enjoying her mate :) I really missed it when i went to LeMans, my plan was to take it and have the 2 side by side

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
done :D

well on the road, it will never be done there will always be stuff i want to do but yeah im driving it :)

e92 330i
I like your thinking. Where did you get your's from again mate?

Fancyplates.co.uk

Same 520mm wide but like 96mm short.

Just measure the gap and get one to fit in perfect.

Looking really good by the way.

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Nice present arrived in the post today, big thank you to G172 on here :) Just need to get them fitted now, should be an improvement as my current ones are shagged.

402924_10151119651045992_1605666645_n.jpg