ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Liquid Yellow 182 so far

E85 3.0i
As I've got an hour or two to kill, thought I'd document the progress of my 182.

I bought the car in August 2010 after selling my Fabia vRS, drop in mileage due to job change allowed for a more fun car.

When purchased the car had just under 51k miles on it. Unfortunately, at the time I didn't really get the cup pack necessity, something I'd come to regret... Remember kids, do you research.

Modifications we're:

Milltek exhaust and de-cat
Apex Lowering Springs
Blue LED dash conversion
Wheels Re-furbed in Anthracite
RenaultSport graphics on the rear quarter

Also came with original springs, cat and a brand new K-Tec Carbon Splitter.

Here's the car when I was picking it up:

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Blue Dash

DSC_0008.jpg

Alpine XDA-001 iPod/Bluetooth headunit installed, along with steering wheel controls working (Thanks to MT Audio for that)...

IMG_0223.jpg

Decided the theme I wanted for the car was yellow and anthracite/carbon... so it was on with anthracite bullets (which need a tart up/replacing with carbon items now)

DSC_0016.jpg

and the splitter

IMG00010-20100819-0916.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Private plate was also fitted as can seen above. I wasn't happy with the fit of the plate, so I decided to be one of the CS illegal plate crew (dims 520mm x 90mm from fancyplates.com)

DSC_0015.jpg

Next thing I wasn't happy about was the springs - the car sat too low, ride was crashy and the handling was not how it should be.

DSC_0004.jpg

So it was off with the Apex:

DSC_0002-2.jpg

and on with some Eibach Sportlines (no pics)

Next on the agenda was inside, a damn good clean and some RS mats:

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

First proper clean time!

Washed - Meg's Gold Class
Clayed - Meg's Clay Kit
Polished - Autoglym SRP
Wax - Autoglym HD Wax
Glass - Autoglym Fast Glass
Wheels - Autoglym Customer Wheel Cleaner
Tyres- Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing

Results:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

More to come :)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Tidy.
I run sportlines but I have to ask where the apexs really that bad? They sit a lot better on the apexs than sportlines. Also how long did it take you do to all the dash LEDs, looks very good?

E85 3.0i
Decided to add some carbon trinkets to the interior (Thanks to extremeinferno on here)

Gear Knob Insert:

DSC_0029.jpg

Hazard Surround:

DSC_0019.jpg

And a quick pic of some lemon meringue pie action in the winter:

IMG00039-20101129-1406.jpg

Next came some problems...

Rear Eibach snapped:

IMG_0313.jpg

Great service from K-tec, new set arrived within 2 days direct from Eibach:

DSC_0011.jpg

Job done.

Next was the exhaust - and a nice big crack around the weld on the centre section.

IMG_0315.jpg

New section had to be purchased from Milltek directly, unfortunately I didn't buy the exhaust so no kind of guarantee, but 25% discount was better than nothing.

IMG_0312.jpg

Turns out this maybe wasn't all Milltek's fault.... Manifold/Cat joint and gasket weren't in the best condition, however 17mm nuts and bolts didnt help:

IMG_0368.jpg

When this was replaced with the proper kit from Renault (£27 approx) the de-cat was also removed:

IMG_0366.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the popping was lovely (although it does scare old ladies if you're not careful!!!) but on motorway/60mph roads it was just too loud and screamed 'pull me' to coppers.

Tyres all needed replacing, so 4 x Avon ZZ-3's we're fitted, as well as Brembo HC discs, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and standard rear pads.

Finally got round to fitting one of my christmas presents from the GF, carbon fibre fog surrounds :)

DSC_0004-2.jpg

I need to re-fit these ideally, as it's a bit shoddy when you look close up. One's also been smacked by a stone so has a white patch on it :(

I'd never been happy with the wheels, so when I was offered the wheels from Trophy No 007, I couldn't say no:

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0029-2.jpg

Stupid yet common exhaust issue:

DSC_0017.jpg

Solved!

DSC_0010.jpg

Purchased a boot net, as stuff rolling around drives me mental.

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Caliper freshen up was also called for...

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

On a negative note, the heaters stopped working. This turned out not to be the resistor as it is in 99% of cases, but the blower motor itself. On trying to fit a new one (mainly by Neal at NERP) the clip on the housing snapped - meaning a new one had to be fitted, actually calling for the manifold to be removed from the top of the engine.

Job done, heaters working - however this gave rise to another problem... we hadn't fitted the windscreen wipers on the correct spline. Had to pick the gf up one evening, and it was p!ssing it down - I noticed the wiper was banging against the side of the door. Went to fix this in the morning to discover this:

DSC_0028.jpg

B**tard. Need to get this along with a few other chips fixed.

Birthday present of carbon diamonds, however this didn't go to plan:

Front was the wrong one, believed to be for a Meg RS250

DSC_0001.jpg

Rear was poor quality as it wasn't made correctly to fit in the boot handle

DSC_0003.jpg

Still awaiting new items to arrive from streamline carbon.

Finally for now, the fitting of my cup spoiler - something which has irritated me since realising I didn't have one already.

Connectors we're different:

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

but after smashing the pins from the plug on the car (and blowing a fuse due to having them the wrong way round) job was a good'en (wires we're insulated)

IMG_0357-1.jpg

6 bolts and we're away!

DSC_0024.jpg

Exhaust also sits right now!

DSC_0025.jpg

Final couple of 'how it sits' photo's for the minute, until more bits arrive/are purchased

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

:)

E85 3.0i
Tidy.
I run sportlines but I have to ask where the apexs really that bad? They sit a lot better on the apexs than sportlines. Also how long did it take you do to all the dash LEDs, looks very good?

I didn't do it mate, I think it was a guy called Kirton on here as he owned the car at one point. Only two that aren't done are the ones on the drivers side window switches

IMO the Apex was poor, the back sat far too low and it looked broken. I like the look of the sportlines, low but not impractical.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Awesome :) I didn't know this had blue lights in the dash, you've jut explained what the scratches on the passenger door are off. I'll have to get my wipers sorted :/ cup spoiler and turinis look ace mate :D

E85 3.0i
Awesome :) I didn't know this had blue lights in the dash, you've jut explained what the scratches on the passenger door are off. I'll have to get my wipers sorted :/ cup spoiler and turinis look ace mate :D

Think it's just a 14mm socket and the arm site on a spline mate, pull it up and shift it round.

Cheers, I feel it's finally the car it should have been from the factory!

E85 3.0i
Not exactly a huge update, but banged an alloy footrest in...

IMG_0370.jpg

Bit rough round the edges 2bh, but it'll do the job.

IMG_0371.jpg

Just need some Recaro's now, but cannot justify that kind of money atm, other things to spend money on...

E85 3.0i
Carbon Badges (Finally)

After what can only be described as a right faff on with Streamline, badges have finally arrived.

Rear sits perfect, the front still needed packing with some cardboard as it pivots from side to side... for an expensive product still not the best quality.

They do however look great IMO, need to get the bullets done but will contact extreme inferno for that.

Unfortunately the fogs are showing signs of stone chips, but there's not a lot that can be done about that...

Anywho, pics:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Rear RS badge also been removed, possibly to be replaced by newer style one but not sure on that one... we'll see (didnt' realise they are £30 odd!!!)

DSC_0013-1.jpg

/ASW'ing.

E85 3.0i
Damn good clean

chris205 m/c polished the car for me yesterday, and I've spend the morning cleaning all the shuts, interior, wheels, glass and giving it a coat of Autoglym HD wax.

A few quick results photo's

DSC_0001-5.jpg

DSC_0002-4.jpg

DSC_0003-3.jpg

DSC_0004-3.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

More carbon bits next... :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Re: Damn good clean

Thanks again tommy, lovely car and should be even better if you keep on top of the paint now, looks awesome after correction :)

E85 3.0i
Not updated this for a while! Not a fat lot interesting, hopefully some cooler stuff at some point...

Gear gaitor was replaced, as the old one had snapped it's clips in the usual place and was a bit tatty...

6810334968_4e285f3dc9_b.png

New Gaitor by TECribb, on Flickr

Then today these arrived from Chris Powell... :cool:

6810327550_605bb0b3f1_b.png

CF Bullet by TECribb, on Flickr

So it was off with the tired painted ones

6956434783_3951cce617_b.png

IMG_0866 by TECribb, on Flickr

And on with the carbon loveliness

6956435179_571407f437_b.png

IMG_0867 by TECribb, on Flickr

6810326454_3af2308cc2_b.png

CF Bullet by TECribb, on Flickr

Strut brace was removed, although the brackets won't come off :( and an engine cover was purchased (wanting the car as OEM+ as poss)

6956499659_b1732506f2_b.png

Dirty Engine Cover by TECribb, on Flickr

Then cleaned and fitted with stainless bolts and washers

6956500685_c47a5a576b_b.png

Clean Engine Cover by TECribb, on Flickr

And for anyone who didn't see the detailing thread I posted the other day, after a damn good clean

6956513755_eee54cf058_b.jpg

Shiny 182 by TECribb, on Flickr

Thanks for reading my exremely boring update! Will get some nice/proper photos taken soon.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Fantastic mate really nice mods :)
Footrest is a bit cheap and nasty looking thou should have got a proper one from me lol ! ;)
Have you still gotvstd wheels ?

E85 3.0i
Fantastic mate really nice mods :)
Footrest is a bit cheap and nasty looking thou should have got a proper one from me lol ! ;)
Have you still gotvstd wheels ?

Yeah I should fix it it's pretty piss poor 2bh. No sold them ages ago pal

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
same wheels and colour as my liquid yellow. beautiful example of a liquid yellow right here!