ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My latest website

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Here is my latest website. I am also the director of the company ;) as is my business partner.

The site is about finished, we just need to get all the products on there (100's to go on yet) so its a bit bare at the min.

Im also sorting out more payment options through a merchant account and google checkout, as well as paypal. Card payments direct through the site will be the main payment method.

Also a few other bits and bobs like discount codes, gift vouchers, etc.

If anyone wants anything, let me know and I'll sort you a discount out.

www.i-modish.co.uk

I may also be looking for a handfull of people to test the site out and give me some feedback on the whole ordering procedure, etc. So if anyone is interested in purchasing a few test products and is happy to give me feedback from start to finish, then please let me know. Cheers

Audi TT 225
Is it dynamic or static? If thats static its gonna be an absolute nightmare to manage!
Would be far easier and much less work to have a database back end and the whole catalogue updated via a secure admin site.

Looks nice tho

172 Cup
10.8 Value Added Tax (V.A.T).
At present we are not registered for VAT, therefore VAT is not included or charged on any prices.

I'd amend that statement. There's a vast difference between not being registered for VAT and not being eligible/over the threshold (yet) for VAT payments.

As it is the statement is a bit generic and could be taken as we couldn't be arsed to sort out VAT payments (which "most" people will know isn't true but it's best to be specific when it comes to business)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
The whole shop is run by an SQL backend database with an admin area to manage everything.

Griff - what do you mean exactly mate? We havent VAT registered yet, but plan to over the next few months.

We dont charge VAT on our products at present. When the invoice goes out VAT is not any part of it.

I was under the impression that you couldnt claim back VAT on purchases or charge VAT on sales unless you were registered? The only VAT is what WE pay when we purchase items from suppliers.

is that not right? cheers for any advice mate!

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
Cool, seen so many static sites it doesn't bare thinking about. What are you using exactly? My SQL?, what technology for the site its self?
Im a C# / MS SQL guy but might have to start using oracle if I get the new job Im going for.

Saxo VTS
Dude I appreciate the effort that must have gone in to that and have seen some of your previous work that was excellent, but that doesn't really do anything for me.

I understand it's meant to be contemporary and all but seems a bit bland and lacking in any real wow factor. Well laid out though.

Audi TT 225
I had to do a site for a "contemporary" interior design/furniture company once.... was all white and minimalistic so theres not much room to play with in that market.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Its PHP and MYSQL matey. iv used e-commerce software, and completely hacked it, and redesigned it to suit.

FincH - No worries mate. I wanted a nice clean, easy on the eye layout so the emphasis is on the actual products rather than the website itself (other than the gret red chair of course lol)

If the site looks bland then the products should stand out more. You will find that a lot of successfull e-commerce websites are almost just plain white. i didnt want it that plain though - too boring! lol

Last edited:
  LiquidPhoto.co.uk
would be a nice touch(maybe) if the red chair pic changed, either per page load, or different sections,

also wondering if the text is meant to match the chair? ( doesnt at the mo )

however, really nice site! a Thumbs up from me!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^^ yeh im currently working on that matey believe it or not. its just finding suitable images that I like and that look well.

the colour isnt suppose to match (but it is kinda questionably close), but hopefully once that pic changes each pageload it should look better.

Cheers for the comments!

Punto/Clio GTT
i cant fault that website, ide be happy to browse through that if i was buying something.

nice layout, nice colours, easy on the eyes, very good design.

i like it

172 Cup
The whole shop is run by an SQL backend database with an admin area to manage everything.

Griff - what do you mean exactly mate? We havent VAT registered yet, but plan to over the next few months.

We dont charge VAT on our products at present. When the invoice goes out VAT is not any part of it.

I was under the impression that you couldnt claim back VAT on purchases or charge VAT on sales unless you were registered? The only VAT is what WE pay when we purchase items from suppliers.

is that not right? cheers for any advice mate!

I'll PM you about VAT registration and eligibility mate.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Cheers Griff, that would be good mate!

I've got 'the VAT guide' with me today so im going to have a good read at lunch lol!

We arent full up and running just yet, everything is still work in progress, and we only registered the business in May.

That WickerCamp website is gonna be completely redesigned soon. Shame cos I like it, but the club want a slightly different image.

Cheers for the comments! :)

Revels Mum & Sister
Like the site a lot. Too many people nit picking.

As has been said I would browse and buy from the site

Rav4
:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: it's rubbish I hate the website :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

very, very jelouse !!!!!!!!!!

R26
Very nice mate, hope my design skills are that good soon. Although HTML Tidy (Firefox etension) is giving a few warnings in your HTML - nothing major though but sorting it will make it 100% W3C valid.

-Jas.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Its so refreshing to see someone post a "new website" thread on here and it actually be worth looking at.

My only slight gripe (if you could call it that) is the flash "128 bit online shopping" doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the bar... eg its plain white where as the bar isn't.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Flash files dont load in safari, but that might just be the beta playing up.

Edit, its fine.
Stupid plugins!

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
iv yet to do a fair few category images so there will be some dead images for some categories. cheers for pointing that out though.

I will change the flash 'latest news' bit too. i did that aaaages ago and havent touched it since. I think it needs a tidyup.

the canvas artworks are really nice, we can get LOADS of designs. iv only had chance to put a few on yet. I am getting one for myself. You can send in your own designs too to be made into prints!

As iv said if anyone does want anything then give me a shout and i can sort discount out for you.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
what browser mate? looks fine in IE6/7 Firefox and Opera.

the white background should be transparent!

Its so refreshing to see someone post a "new website" thread on here and it actually be worth looking at.

My only slight gripe (if you could call it that) is the flash "128 bit online shopping" doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the bar... eg its plain white where as the bar isn't.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I just noticed this thread. Will probably get some things off there for my summerhouse im getting in september

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
if so gimme a shout matey, i can do you discount!

we plan to get LOADS of products on there over the next couple of months.

mattieuk - does your mate have an actual shop too? i like the site!

306 TD Slut
yeah i have it on my website and have used thickbox before too. its smart as fook, even better once you go into the code/css and modify it.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
what browser mate? looks fine in IE6/7 Firefox and Opera.

the white background should be transparent!

Firefox/Ubuntu 7.04

Screenshot attached.

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
strange. it should defo be transparent. thats the first time iv seen it as a white block. seems weird it does it in FF too as it looks ok on windows in FF.

Cheers for the screenshot !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
No probs. I had a look at it on a windows box and yes it is transparant.

Wouldn't worry about it too much ;)