ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My latest car 2.7 twin turbo, 320 bhp. (pic heavy)

Renaultsport Clio 197
It's been a while since i posted here.
After I wrote of the 197, I got a b7 A4. It didn't last even a year, hit some oil on the site of a recent accident and wrote that one off to.
In the meantime I've been passively looking for a good clean 172/cup to turn into some sort of a track car - but none found. But I will get one SOME DAY and make it at least half as good as some of the projects here.

This one I've been eyeing for a while, and as it's the only S4 in the country (I know...) I had to have it.
75.000 miles when I bought it. Had a Borla catback and that was the only mod. Other than that, it had all the usual US-spec equipment. Fully loaded (I hate this expression)

This is how it looked when I bought it.

f21smw.jpg

30jns5k.jpg

2011-04-25143345.jpg

2011-04-21180631.jpg

dg.jpg

2011-04-21180815.jpg

after 20 days, new tires, brake pads and lowering springs were installed. And it was tinted all around

2011-05-09155235.jpg

1-36.jpg

2-29.jpg

f5.jpg

then I painted the bumper inserts black, to look like an RS4 bumper. Also painted the audi sign and the grille

mr16.jpg

mr15.jpg

mr6.jpg

outcome

ff.jpg

Two months later, I found a guy with an A4 who bought the rs4 bumper and didn't know how to fit it (it is 5.5cm wider) so I SWAPPED my bumper for his rs4. How lucky was I? these bumpers are a LOT of money.

a2-3.jpg

a1-2.jpg

P9260273.jpg

DSC_00144.jpg

DSC_0019logo.jpg

The car was then remapped. Abt tune, marketed for 320ish bhp.
I think I'm lucky if I get that with the map and catback (poor fuel here)
Boost figures

er2.jpg

Also got spacers for the rear, but they are way too big, I will be 'trimming' them soon.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Loving that!

I'd prefer it on less fussy rims I think though :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One of our directors at work had one of these years ago. He asked if I could 'test drive it' as he thought it was feeling a bit sluggish. Naturally, I did test it with a heavy right foot! ;)

That yellow colour looks superb - liking that a lot. And my god, how high was the ride height before you lowered it? :eek:

Looks like you did well getting that RS4 front bumper too. Nice find.

D.

Renaultsport Clio 197
i was always a fan of the five spoke audi rims, mostly the 'fat five' one but I like these a lot. They're kinda pricey and they look great on the car (and cool when moving)
They will be painted in gunmetal (some honda nsx colour code).

Recent dslr photos

a1-4.jpg

a2-5.jpg

a6.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Very nice looking car. Interior lets it down a little, but exterior looks amazing. Would love to see how it goes.

Turbos.
Liking the HDR shots. Must be nice having the only one of its kind!

I like the BBS, just could do with more stance...should look good with the spacers on.

Renaultsport Clio 197
Very nice looking car. Interior lets it down a little, but exterior looks amazing. Would love to see how it goes.

i generally like the interior of all audis, and hate the bmw's.
The 'fake wood' in here is gash though. I will be doing all the little bits in either carbon (if it doesn't look chav/racey) or flat/piano black.

It goes like this (poor videos, slipping clutch but you get the general idea). 0-60 time for stage 2 cars is under 5 seconds (stock are 5.6) but I can never get it that low with stock clutch and the 2nd gear is a b&tch to get right :) It pulls like a train in third and fourth though. Also my front o2 sensors are faulty and I'm running rich(or lean maybe) and the mpg is horrible. I will be doing a proper 0-60 video when all is fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renaultsport Clio 197
@englebert, the last 3 photos are with rear spacers fitted.
look at the 2nd photo in that set, the wheel is sticking out :)

Renaultsport Clio 197
ofcourse not :D
keeping it as OEM looking as I can :)

plans are - 3inch downpipes to free up another dozen or so horsepower
- wheels painted in gunmetal, lime green brake calipers

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Doesn't look quick.. Reminds me of Jesus' non turbo'd Impreza.

Looks great tho!

Renaultsport Clio 197
maybe... could be that both cars with over 300 bhp are slow :)
Meh. It seems a car just doesn't seem fast without a loud exhaust

Renaultsport Clio 197
tbh I don't know if it's the vid or smth else. The car pulls from 2000 rpm as you can see on the graph in the first post. There is no turbo lag and no 'kick in the back'.
My car is in the 'range' of an e46 m3, and quicker then most things on the road. I am having some boost issues at the moment, but I don't think I had them when i raced the 335i. Cause he would have killed me :)
The 335 does 0-60 in about 5.2 seconds and I'm faster then him.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Sounds über, you need to change gear quicker ;)

Looks transformed since the modifications, defiantly for the better!

Renaultsport Clio 197
@ben_p ... I know. I even have a shortshifter but still I feel like I'm killing a unicorn every time I try to shift like I did in the 197.
The stock clutch and flywheel are almost gone.

Here's another video from tonight.

3rd gear from 1000 rpm I hold pretty good and then he kills me in 4th (that's the short video in between, but he lets go and brakes)
:) But 80+ bhp of difference and more displacement does that lol :)

Last edited by a moderator: