ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My iPhone is smoking!

Megane
My iPhone is smoking!

Last Friday night my iPhone 3G started to produce smoke from the charge port... Lucky I caught it in time before it went on fire as I had only just plugged it in to the USB port on my laptop. Phone is only 14 months old and has now been sent to Apple. What do you think the chances are of getting a new phone?

It wouldn’t charge the next day so I phoned Apple and complained. Seems as if their is a few story’s on the net of similar experiences with their iPhone.

Megane
Lucky I saw it to be honest, Living room could have been set on fire lol. I will hear tomorrow what they think of it I hope I get something anyway as I don't really fancy buying a new iPhone.

Listerine & Poledo
send it for an independant review.

Sale of goods act will cover any dangerous fault that is due to defective manufacturing or components.

If neither of those are respinsbile, you're on your own.