ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Car looks wicked. Love the engine bay (apart from the stickers but that's my personal preference).

As mentioned above, the ED kit does look very OEM+. Also the mounts do make it look lower. Every clio with cooksports I see looks great on the rear, but the fronts always look too high. Yours looks spot on. Oh and it looks better with the f1s back on. Would love to have seen it on the C/M's but it obviously wasnt a good enough deal.

Spacers next?
Stickers are very marmite but I like them.
The speedlines would have looked great I reckon but the deal was too much effort and the condition wasnt as described on his part.
The oz are et37 and I think spacers would impede the handling?? Plus they have to be 10mm max (tried 16mm before) an with no leading edge plus using spigots I don’t know if the whole combo would work and centralise in the hub.

Looks great on those wheels :up: I also think they would look great in silver/light anthracite
A colour change next year maybe or anthracite 2118s??

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Have to get them side by side to compare, I’ll take you out for a blast when I’m home an let you have a go.
APT charged £80, Shawn Taylor Racing wanted £150-200 depending how much they did to it.
Jees. For £80 I'd want them to at least get the camber the same left to right on the front

In the next few months you local guys will be able to get 4 wheel alignment and corner weighting in Beccles.

Cars looking good :cool:

My mate owns Elite Motor Services near the ambulance station on Ansen way, we got 6 clios all track ready and they all get done here, some turbo ones to so you’d be in good hands.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Late night sneak peak... like a 10min freeview...
EF01FC91-D8CF-43D8-B789-B3E252305055.jpeg

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
As the sneak peak showed I have indeed purchased some new wheels...
Thanks @182_steve for spending my money :tongueclosed:
So after agreeing a price with the seller I set off on the 425mile round trip which took 8hrs or so due to road works and a couple wrong slip roads. The old daily managed a respectable 55mpgs too which I was happy with.
The price included 4 mint 2118s with Yokohama AD08r which have covered about 500miles, centre caps from RPD which have been painted anthracite and a full set of new bolts.
B4F1D137-83FA-49FE-ACC2-3D8D80B41DB2.jpeg

5F12B1B0-E7EF-4C52-AD1D-D85D93E12C34.jpeg

Old wheels meet new wheels...
8105D541-B2DD-475D-B642-0F157A719C1F.jpeg

The plan is to give them a coat or two of Auto Finesse Mint Wheels Wax for protection and get them on ASAP weather permitting.
I’m abit unsure whether to use my 16mm spacers with them as yet, I’ll probably try without and see how she sits before making a final decision.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Well they’re on :grin:
I put them on quick sharp today after a coat of AF wheel wax whilst it was raining which wasn’t pleasent but I had to do it!
A550AA5F-55CB-41CA-A2DF-4B80032CCEC4.jpeg
7325A6BC-8768-45F5-BB30-374CACC59FA4.jpeg

Sat after dropping off the jack, I went with the 16mm spacers all round but need to think about rear axel spacers as get a slight scrub on the os now and then.
I can confirm it rides much better on 15s and that I don’t have as much road noise either.
642209F3-09A9-4C1B-A66E-0D97BB5CFE57.jpeg
F678AD70-41D8-43D5-9D6C-8674DD6CF0C9.jpeg
8A604F6A-BD32-411C-BAA8-B27F42CA188C.jpeg

I love the how the colours work well together especially with the ph1 lights. I think future mods will have to include seats and a cage maybe??
I want to get my top dash flocked and come gauges fitted also at some point.
OZs are for sale now too...
Comments welcome... :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
These do look great :up: I can feel some 10mm hub spacers coming soon :smile: How much are you after for the Oz's? I looked in the for sale thread but couldn't see them

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I like those a lot :cool:
Thanks very much, I like these a lot too! :grin:

Love it, looks great on those. Would probably bring the rears in a bit though I think.
I agree 16mm is abit too much, think I’ll look into 12mm axel spacers , they might do the trick.

Correction, they do look mega!

What's the offset on them before the spacers? 43?
Cheers, yes they are et43 mate.

These do look great :up: I can feel some 10mm hub spacers coming soon :smile: How much are you after for the Oz's? I looked in the for sale thread but couldn't see them
I think will be along very soon too, I’ve not done a proper ad as yet as someone is interested already but if you’d like to dm me an offer?
It’s 1st come 1st served... lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as much as I hate to admit it those lumps of lead do look great on the car chap! centre caps make a huge difference as well!

There's a whole lotta' awesome here, just went on a 'like' frenzy...... and I was more than happy to spend your money for you, don't you worry about that 😂 Nah just kidding, we're even now as I said, you found my Turini's for me, I've found your 2118's for you :smile:

I agree tho, rears need to come in, reminds me of how the Turini's first looked on mine with the old spacers before the 5mm ones

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Mr wheel king.
Best wheels imo on a 172/182.nice addition to the collection..
I’m no wheel king compared to @Coops Turbo lol

as much as I hate to admit it those lumps of lead do look great on the car chap! centre caps make a huge difference as well!
Well if you’d have sold me some Willy’s wheels...
Need to weigh a 16” f1 and one of the 2118s and see the difference.

Ruined it. Don't be a fool, keep the F1's. (I still love your car, just not a fan of those wheels)
I’ve been wanting some 2118s for so long I love the colour combo, f1s haven’t gone as yet though...

There's a whole lotta' awesome here, just went on a 'like' frenzy...... and I was more than happy to spend your money for you, don't you worry about that 😂 Nah just kidding, we're even now as I said, you found my Turini's for me, I've found your 2118's for you :smile:

I agree tho, rears need to come in, reminds me of how the Turini's first looked on mine with the old spacers before the 5mm ones
Think I’ll be ordering some 10mm axel spacers and tapping Mick up to fit them haha

That looks fantastic fella. Monaco shines up well.
Thanks very much, 1st time it’s been out of the garage since start of February.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I had 10mm spacers on the back of mine with cup turinis so will have made them ET27.5 which is pretty much what @T9 0LLE's are and I though they looked too much as well.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks amazing. So much yes. Ignore osspoop he doesn't know what he's talking about ;)

I'm running 10mm rear hub spacers with no scrubbing, do that.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I do love a wheel @T9 0LLE lol !
Be interested see weight difference defo, love a weigh in too! 15" king is the superleggera at 4.9kg

Think I’ll be ordering some 10mm axel spacers and tapping Mick up to fit them haha

Thanks very much, 1st time it’s been out of the garage since start of February.

Sounds good, Mick's a good old boy he'll be well on that :up: 10mm seems the spacer of choice, what were my old ones you had? 16mm? I'm sure they were 16, this is the size my Turini's stuck out too far so 10mm on 2118's should be bob on

Oh and start of Feb? Meh! You're getting as bad as me....... except mine was last out on 17th Feb so mine CLEARLY gets used more 😂😂

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks amazing. So much yes. Ignore osspoop he doesn't know what he's talking about
I'm running 10mm rear hub spacers with no scrubbing, do that.
I’ll be ordering in the morning I reckon, going to keep the 16mm on the front though.

I do love a wheel @T9 0LLE lol !
Be interested see weight difference defo, love a weigh in too! 15" king is the superleggera at 4.9kg
I’ll weigh an oz in the morning, what’s the weight of a 2118 with tire??

Sounds good, Mick's a good old boy he'll be well on that :up: 10mm seems the spacer of choice, what were my old ones you had? 16mm? I'm sure they were 16, this is the size my Turini's stuck out too far so 10mm on 2118's should be bob on

Oh and start of Feb? Meh! You're getting as bad as me....... except mine was last out on 17th Feb so mine CLEARLY gets used more 😂😂
Yeah they’re 16mm mate but I used mine today so technaically I win :tonguewink:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Not weighed the 2118 I don't think or if I have can't find it. I'll weigh one tomorrow, they're currently fitted with r888r tyres which I think won't help as they weigh a bit