ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Iceberg...

Iceberg 172
So, I had bought this 172 last month after my disaster with my last 172 Cup and I wanted to make a diary of the progress almost as hopefully a lot more will happen over the next few months!

This is how it started…

Picture080.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

I got it home and put my Turini’s straight on it! I also put in a KnN panel Filter.

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg

Next was my 300mm Momo Team steering wheel…

DSCF0879.jpg

DSCF0878.jpg

Then I had a day free to fit my K Tec coilovers…

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0907.jpg

DSCF0904.jpg

DSCF0906.jpg

DSCF0905.jpg

I then found out about the Skoda Fabia splitter, so I wasted no time in calling around and I got one last Thurday (1/4/10) and got that fitted on Saturday along with some Silvervision bulbs…

DSCF0989.jpg

DSCF0988.jpg

DSCF0987.jpg

DSCF0986.jpg

That is how it currently stands. I’m going to give it a good all over clean next Saturday when the mrs is at work and try to take some decent photo’s!

So current spec is now…

Iceberg Silver 172
Cup Turini’s with Toyo Proxies
K Tec Coilovers
Momo Team 300mm Steering Wheel
Skoda Fabia front splitter
Silvervision Indicators
KnN Panel Filter

I have a long wish list but my main plans are…

Solid Top Mounts
Matched Inlets
New Engine Mounts
Remap

I also need to do something about the “solar corrosion” on the passenger headlight (I’m hoping my mate still has the 2 brand new headlights he told me he had!).

Apart from that I’m loving the 172… I really under estimated the performance having owned much more powerful cars previously so it’s all smiles here!

Iceberg 172
Oh, I forgot! I fitted clear side repeaters on the first day as well which make a huge difference IMO and my aero wipers and new numberplates should be here by next week!!!

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Very nice, i was going to mention the repeaters but noticed they had been changed a couple of photos later!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Got to love an iceberg! Looking well :D

What number plates are on the way? front one to fit the recess? :)

Iceberg 172
Thanks guys.

Yeah it's a 520x90 front plate and just a plain rear plate! I don't like the GB sign on the plate.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Get your Cup spoiler on Steve makes a massive difference! Car is looking good. Loving the steering wheel too which is odd for me.

Iceberg 172
Nah I prefer the STD spoiler. It follows the roof line better.

Thanks, I love the steering wheel! Pics are shite, looks much better in real life!

Iceberg 172
Thanks mate... The splitter is near enough perfect... For £10 is an utter bargain!

Starting to get used to the exhaust... it seems so loud as I've been driving it with the std exhaust for sooooo long!

Iceberg 172
TBH Fletch I think it's where I went from my 20vt Polo which was loud and stripped out to my Cup which had the exhaust on which seemed quieter than my polo then to this 172 which was std... so the exhaust seemed quiet on my Cup but loud on this... If you get me!?? lol.

I like it, but it's a bit boomy at low speeds. Sounds nice on over run! And also on full chat... it's just at low speeds ie in traffic or through high streets when you don't want to look like a boy racer! lol.