ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Hairdressers mk2 mx5

BlackGold 182
Hmmm I'll have to have a look, although I wouldnt be able to swap it tbh, I wouldn't no were to start lol

Listerine & Poledo
i think most mx5's came with a torsion lsd diff.

Not quite.

a lot of the Eunos (mk.1 import) special editions (V-spec or something like that) came with LSD.
but UK cars didn't get manufacturer-fit LSD until the Mk.2 Anniversary and beyond.

Esiest way to tell on non-Eunos models (this is, of course, provided no modifications have occured) is to see how many gears it's got. If you've got 6 forward gears, you've got an LSD.

My mk1 eunos had viscous lsd and so did my other english mk1 mx5, both unmodified as far as im aware.

(i ment viscous not torsen)

Last edited:
  BlackGold 182
little update, resprayed the rear wheels black yesterday and while the car was on stands i thought id give everything behind the wheel a spruce up with some black hammerite

27f5adf4.jpg

2338082e.jpg

d99c1ba4.jpg

bad photos i know but better ones once i finish the front on monday

Listerine & Poledo
My mk1 eunos had viscous lsd and so did my other english mk1 mx5, both unmodified as far as im aware.

(i ment viscous not torsen)

Some special edition mk.1s may have had LSD's, but they weren't commonplace. Even when the 1.8 came out.

Listerine & Poledo
I thought the 1.8is had an LSD as standard?

On mk.2 & 2.5, definately.

I shall scour MX5OC and get a definative answer though, I'm doubting myself now. I was convinced no UK-spec Mk.1's got an LSD.... maybe the turbo specials did, but now I just don't know.

Swift Sport
You really don't want the CTR do you?

Like the black wheels, stealthy FTW!

It's like going for a nice meal and having beans on toast. There's just something about the EP3 to me that's just a bit disheartening.

On mk.2 & 2.5, definately.

I shall scour MX5OC and get a definative answer though, I'm doubting myself now. I was convinced no UK-spec Mk.1's got an LSD.... maybe the turbo specials did, but now I just don't know.

Fairly certain the MK1 BBR Turbo just had a normal open diff.

Was it just imports that had torsen LSDs and some UK models had viscous LSDs? I can't remember, its been ages since I've read up about MX5s...

Adz

Work van
Fairly certain the MK1 BBR Turbo just had a normal open diff.

Was it just imports that had torsen LSDs and some UK models had viscous LSDs? I can't remember, its been ages since I've read up about MX5s...

ive got an lsd on mine as standard :eek: some of the special models and last mk1's like mine have them.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Miss my RS-LTD now the sun is out :(

don't miss spending KK's on JDM bits though...lol.

BlackGold 182
cheers guys! should have better pictures tomorrow!

trying to find a ducktail spoiler at the moment, not easy it seems

182 Turbo
Looks nice this, agree that silver wheels were nicer though.
You didn't have the ph1 for long, got bored of clio's?

Would love to see this in the flesh, you any good at drifting yet lol!!

White mx5 mk1!
His car wants to go sideways all the time :p it's just too many cars about on crappy roads near us ahaha doing front wheels tomorrow morning Kieran? Then my new coilies on my 5?

182 Turbo
His car wants to go sideways all the time :p it's just too many cars about on crappy roads near us ahaha doing front wheels tomorrow morning Kieran? Then my new coilies on my 5?

Don't you guys ever go up Medway industrial estate on Friday nights? Some proper animal cars up there, I'm up there alot you both should come up and have a chinwag

White mx5 mk1!
Might this Friday if your down you can say happy birthday too me ahaha but I do nights so can never get down there

BlackGold 182
yeaaa every other friday i work nights too, and its too cold to be standing outside for agesss at 10/11 avoiding police! lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Updated black pics? ;)

I'd have that roof off by now too. (even though it looks cool)

Listerine & Poledo
Is that a mad-dog roll-bar set?

Wow, that final photo reminds me of when a mate of mine got his Mk.1

I had a black Mk.2 with black caterham-esque wheels, he had a 1.8 Mk.1 with the original wheels.

They were good days.

Seriously needs the OEM front splitter/dam though, what with already havng the side skirts and all.

BlackGold 182
Is that a mad-dog roll-bar set?

Wow, that final photo reminds me of when a mate of mine got his Mk.1

I had a black Mk.2 with black caterham-esque wheels, he had a 1.8 Mk.1 with the original wheels.

They were good days.

Seriously needs the OEM front splitter/dam though, what with already havng the side skirts and all.

i have no idea what sort of roll bar it has tbh, but yeaaa i no i need that oem splitter that your saying about and ducktail spoiler badly!

Listerine & Poledo
Don't know if I'd agree with ducktail. if it's all about keeping the car smooth, I'd say either nothing or that curvy spoiler like on the Autotrader ad I posted up.

Mind, it's not my car, you know what you're doing.

Looks great imo. Needs manufacturer suspension settings

EFA

BlackGold 182
yeaaa i need to space out the front a little and drop it a bit too at the front

i will polish up the tailpipe tomorrow hopefully, i might get a quote to have another tailpipe fitted the other side of the bumper aswell actually

Suzuki Jimny
He really doesn't!

There are quite a few mx-5 owners on here i've just noticed! Mines getting a roll bar/cage thing this week :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Really like that mate, and I normally don't really like black wheels! Nice one.

Goodj, the 'curvy' spoiler is minging, lol.