ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Flame 172

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
As title really, haven't had it a month yet but it's been great so far.

I haven't really modified it, I don't plan to either as i'm pretty happy with it at the mo.

The only thing I have done apart from some hardcore cleaning (lol) is change the indicator bulbs for silver-visions and painted the calipers.

I still have a lot of work to do with it paintwork wise, there are still some swirls but they are slowly disappearing after every PC session.

I need to get the front tyres changed, they are legal but they are Kuhmo's and I think I would be happier with Eagle F1's on there as these don't seem to grip that well IMO.

I also want to get it in the bodyshop at some point and get the scuff on the lower part of the front bumper sorted, its only small but I want the car right. Hopefully I can get a few chips removed at the same time too.

Here are some pics anyway, hope you like:

14.jpg

14-1.jpg

14-3.jpg

14-2.jpg

14-5.jpg

Cheers for looking :)

Glacier White 197 Cup
How about a cup splitter? I no u said u dont wanna modify but it just finishes the front of nicely

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

(Sorry Ali for knicking your pics - Did wanna use the best example though)

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Cheers for the replies :)

I'm a bit undecided on the splitter at the mo, but that example you posted is rather nice

Mk4 .:R32
I bought exactly the same car about 6 weeks ago Matt! an 03 flame red 172. Absolutely love it. Need to clean it up then post some pics on here!! Mines standard at the mo apart from it's lowered 25mm @ front and 15mm at the back, and the non-standard wheels which came with it! fitting a BMC CDA this weekend though, and getting middo to paint the door badges black with titanium writing! Whats the difference between the normal 172 splitter and the cup splitter?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks lovely mate. If i'm being honest yours is in Much better condition that mine...My bumper and bonnet both need resprayed!

However...i knew how i want my 172 to look before i bought it. Spliiter and spoiler both make a big difference...(And you don't need turini's)

DSC00942.jpg

133/225/CLS AMG
Car looks lovely mate, probably the best colour 172 IMO, even though I had an iceberg one!! lol

Probably the best colour for a 182 as well!! :D

172 phase2 since2003
i was going to get the monoco blue till i saw the flam red and fell in love with the colour red is definatly the best colour and always fall back in love with mine after a good wash and polish still after 4 years;)

Roadster Coupe
Ive just fitted the white supertourismos to my flame red, the white suits the colour of the car, also my brembo max discs look pretty nice behind the wheel.