ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Upgrade..

Meg 225
from the kitlens (18-105mm) is a Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8g ed dx. Picked it up yesterday and a few try out shots with it. Very sharp lens and fun to shoot with, but challenging to find a good composition for it, especially as i still need to learn much about photography.

Here a few shots and tell me what you think and tips are welcome!

6835069367_30cf177332_z.jpg

Fisheye test by Paul_jazzy83, on Flickr

6835070131_779d37772b_z.jpg

Fisheye under the bridge by Paul_jazzy83, on Flickr

6835071547_1f93418fa6_z.jpg

Fisheye Graffiti by Paul_jazzy83, on Flickr

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice !

Check out flickr groups (search for fish eye, or for the lens name) and just have a look around. There's no rules in photography (well sort of..) and the rules that are there, are made to be broken ;)

Meg 225
Thanks Guys! I just was walking in the park with my dog and had to give my new lens a try, but i am a lil ill at the moment and wouldn't want to spend a long time outside with -8!

I really want a wide angle. A few month back I was set on a 70-200 as my next purchase and now I find myself looking at 10-20 range!

Meg 225
Well i was thinking of 10-24mm nikon or the 11-16 tokina, but this came up and thought this is my chance to try it for a nice price (€350,-). Now i still want a 'normal' wide angle lens and also want a prime one too, the guy who sold me the fisheye offered me a 35mm 1.8 for €100,- , but i think i wait and save up for the 50mm 1.4G

Paul, google 'defishing', you can dowload free software that can defish the lens, effectively giving you a regular wide angle lens. Might be worth a try for when you want wide angle without the distortion.