ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first "Detailing" Attempt

In between cars....
Well thanks to Matt some detailing goodies arrived from i4 last week

Dean (BioHzrd) lent me his G220, cheers mate!

And thanks to richlawson for the KTR sticker, i like it

With the stuff i had i gave it a blast, still a bit swirly as i only had megs #80 to hand but its certainly better than it was!

I reacon another going over should get it pretty good, im really chuffed with how it came out, got rid of a LOT of bits that were hacking me off, mainly a couple nasty scuffs on each bottom corner of the front bumper

For some reason there was loads of scuffs and scoring on the headlights, attacked them, they came up a treat as well

Touch up pen should be here tomorrow to touch in some little bits

Heres the pics, what do you think :eek:

CIMG2278.jpg

CIMG2273.jpg

CIMG2277.jpg

CIMG2276.jpg

CIMG2275.jpg

CIMG2274.jpg

CIMG2272.jpg

In between cars....
Got collinite stuff from matt the other day but didnt think id have time to do it, just used mequires liquid wax, not to bad, will be getting done again soon anyway :)

A Flamin' Red one
VERY good work Chris. You've done the colour proud. Don't you love how it seems to change in the dark and light!?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work mate! Got a lovely deep wet finish to it.

The only thing with #80 is that it contains fillers, which can be a good or bad thing.

In between cars....
Yesterday is the first time i noticed the paint has a flake in it :eek: lol

What polish's / compounds do you use rich?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got megs 85, 83 etc and menzerna PO85RD (finishing), 106FA (similar to the 85RD but a bit more abrasive) and PO85RD3.02 I think it's called, which IIRC is a similar cut to #83.

I prefer the menzerna myself, but I keep the megs for backup as sometimes menzerna gets fussy and won't break down, such as when the weather is quite cold. You get a better finish with the menz IMO and the 106FA doesn't contain fillers like the #80.

It's all about preference really, some people prefer megs, some people prefer menz!

In between cars....
looking good mate

carbon splitter and trophy alloys next

Been checking the trophy registers and that for alloys mate, hens teeth!

Will get a splitter sorted out, if i got a carbon splitter id want more carbon goodies to match lol and it definately needs a drop :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Liking that a lot.

I'd not bother with changing the wheels and all that caper. Its your car though.

In between cars....
Definately want a splitter and a drop, if alloys come up at a good price id go for them, might just redo mine anthracite