ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first CSS.

So.. Today after 8 days of Clio RS ownership I went to my first Clio Sport Saturday and here's how it went.
I set off around 7:15am, managed to get lost turning off to a services and taking a wrong roundabout turning :poo: but only added 10 mins to the trip. Pulled into Blyton park and it looked empty. Thought I'd got the wrong weekend and I was about to get a load of crap from people back home but ended up hearing the cars on the track and finding my way.

So, I knew no one and this is my first real car show as such. I'm a bit of a miserable young b*****d and don't do starting random conversations so I just awkwardly stood watching the track and listening to a group of people mention that the Saxo that was going round made funny noises... Every time it came round. SO! After watching that I buggered off and had a quick look around, Got myself a CS 12v Adapter as amazingly mine had packed in on the way and it wasn't the fuse :up: evidently the lads selling them didn't know they sold them. Got some food, stood around like the miserable b*****d I am and jumped in the car to leave 2 hours later, Obviously just after having a 15 min session on the Go Karts on my way out.
On the way home I did an involuntary tour of Salford since traffic stopped me getting over to my turning.

Might not sound like it buy I enjoyed my couple of hours at CSS, Next year if I go I think I'll get myself some track time if its still available next year and be a bit more organised to make a weekend of it. Also by then hopefully I'll know some of you a bit better and not just stand around like a plank!

EDIT: Some shithead also took a chunk of paint out of my nearside mirror at a service station.

RB Clio 182
You should have gone and chatted to the other guys mate, im sure they would have made you welcome, there will have been loads in your situation.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I would but honestly I don't know anywhere good around here to meet :confounded:
I have not really explored much of the area considering how long I've lived here but only had a car I feel comfortable doing it in since last week :up:

Get yourself up to the trough of bowland. Loads of good roads round there:wink:.

Clio mk2
Surprised there wasn't more cars really. If turborenault weren't there would be a tad quiet. Decent day out though :up:

Trophy, Flamer, BG
@Joe Smart i was in the same boat. Was my first CSF and I felt a bit awkward. Thankfully though I went with my bf so still had a good time. Was nice to see what others had done to their clios. Gave me a few ideas for my own