ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My finished Engine bay

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
This is an on going thread called " from rags to riches "LINK - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?733461-From-Rags-to-Riches&highlight=from+rags

but I know most people cant be bothered to read 4/5 pages to see the last pics so I thought I would just show you the finished product :rasp:

BEFORE
20140211_132739_1.jpg
20140211_133311_1.jpg
20140211_133324_1.jpg

AFTER

20140714_150355_1.jpg
20140714_150350.jpg

Many thanks

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Whilst it looks good, surely that cone filter is in the hottest part of the engine. To be honest, that doesn't really matter as filters do very little power wise anyway.

Tidy, but I thought the tubing going to airfilters/boxes was a certain length for a reason. I'd extend it back out to be the original length.

Aside from that looks good, much less clutter without the battery there!

Personally I'd relocate that induction kit, and it looks like you have fitted a brand new coolant bottle only to fill it with the wrong coolant.
Overall it looks much better though.

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
Personally I'd relocate that induction kit, and it looks like you have fitted a brand new coolant bottle only to fill it with the wrong coolant.
Overall it looks much better though.

Why is it wrong ? Coz its not green ? No mate. Its gylose based so its right and ive not mixed the colour.

And as for the filter its not permanant in that position.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Very tidy. I fitted a new coolant bottle this weekend. Amazing the difference that makes on its own tbh

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Good effort, very clean that

Where you planning on having the filter , more down towards the passenger headlight on some 45 degree tubing or similar

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
Good effort, very clean that

Where you planning on having the filter , more down towards the passenger headlight on some 45 degree tubing or similar

yes mate defo. Get it away from the header tank. It was a peice of pipe i had layin about so i just used it for now just to start her up

Cup In bits
Very nice indeed. Where did you pass the loom through the upper bulkhead and did you retain the multi plug into the cabin?

For the air filter I would just build a small box and run a straight pipe a la cup racers. From what I have seen some length on the inlet trunk is better for power.

172/ Mini Cooper 68
The difference between Night and Day, good work, slowly getting mine roadworthy, next job will be the engine bay after looking at yours

Lionel Richie
you might want to refit the old rad cap to the new bottle, the new lids they come with are the wrong pressure (good old renault!!)

Clio 172
going to drop my clio off with you and you can start it all over again if you like ;)

Looks awesome pal! Can only dream of mine looking that smart!

Jack

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have any more pics of where you relocated the fuse box and ecu to , its something I would like to do to de clutter my engine bay.

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
Tbh no i havnt and all the scuttle panel is back on.

Just use ya bonce. Thats what i had to do

and take ya time. But to be fair if ya taken it off the road for winter then u will have loads