ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Edition 30

TTRS & V50
Well after another long search for the right car I have nailed it on the head again, so pleased.

Set out looking for a MK5 Golf Gti in black/grey pref, 3 door manual and 17' alloys, not the chav 18', for the right price with Cambelt, Flywheel and Clutch, you wouldn't think that was hard, but it was.

I managed to get myself all of the above with the bonus of it being the ED30 and then a triple bonus of R32 brakes, Eibach springs and new shocks and a Miltek exhaust, very happy. Spotted it while I was away in Thailand so I hoped that when I got back to England it wasn't sold. On my arrival back to the UK it turned out to be from my colleagues friend, who's a dealer. Went to view straight away and left a deposit there and then with a cracking' deal of friend discount.

I was so happy with the purchase my eyes glazed over on viewing and I ended up checking nothing electrical wise, however all is good.

Another bonus was the Spec, nearly every factory option bar the bucket seats (if they we're an option?) IIRC.

Yes, it's a little boring compared to a RenaultSport Clio, but it meets my needs perfectly, actually 98% of the time it does. The 2% of hooning through the twisties.. it does understeer a little.

Plans: Being a KO4 and living 3 miles from Revo, it'll be rude not to get it mapped. This'll take place in Spring I would have thought.

Enough of the bore, I could go on forever, never really been PLEASED with a car purchase as much as this.

Bye bye Type R:

photo-3_zpsfe237c98.jpg

Hello Edition 30.. Excuse Dirty.

DSC_0561_zps492e6bb5.jpg

DSC_0567_zps6fb2bd60.jpg

DSC_0554_zpsf89b5f2d.jpg

DSC_0559_zpsd5a98f2d.jpg

DSC_0537_zps8fb3d578.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsf4770056.jpg

DSC_0569_zps265fac23.jpg

DSC_0577_zpsf1a8c770.jpg

DSC_0581_zpsaa0eaee5.jpg

DSC_0580_zps740e85ab.jpg

Took a few GoPro shots too so will upload a couple later.

172, Tiguan
Lovely! I know what you mean about finding the right spec Golf. I failed and then just gave up!

TTRS & V50
Kin' love it mate, got such a soft spot for these and the .:32 alike.

Thanks - was looking for an R32, but gave up when I realised the insane tax bracket just for NOISE.

Lovely! I know what you mean about finding the right spec Golf. I failed and then just gave up!

"Persistence prevails when all else fails."

Very nice! Another Golf on here!

Didn't think there was many on here tbh. French people tend not to like build quality :quiet:

DB.

BMW 440i
Mine will be up for sale in a year. White 08 plate with RNS510 Sat Nav/DVD Player, Cambelts done, fully serviced and immaculate condition…just in case anyone is thinking about it...;)

Love it. Hard to find with all the right options too!

If you go yo Revo keep an eye out for my old white one as they bought it off me a few months ago!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really like these, I'd probably go for one over the .:32 purely for tuning potential.

TTRS & V50
Very nice. Although...wrong engine.

Not really, R32 has completely different characteristics to this lump. I didn't want an R32, simply put.

Love it. Hard to find with all the right options too!

If you go yo Revo keep an eye out for my old white one as they bought it off me a few months ago!

Daventry one ?

That is properly nice that! Some very nice motors on CS at the moment!

Really like these, great spec on that aswel :approve:

TY.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very nice car mate! I do really really like these.

I see you mentioned understeer, i'd suggest getting rid of those front tyres. I had them on my subaru and they were pretty cack tbh. I've changed them for V12's and it's a massive improvement for the money. I'd imagine (if I was keeping the car) if I fitted pzero's or similar, then it would have been even better still!

FWIW I fitted Eibachs to mines and felt they ruined the car so took them off a week later. It handled like crap with them on and was all over the place!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
As for tyres, its widely believed (Well, on a million page thread on MK5Gti.co.uk) that Michelin Pilot sports, or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric are the two to go for. I have the latter, and its actually hilarious how s**t the factory spec Conti's are in comparison.

Edit: Just seen you have the Goodyears on. Little tip, Traction control off and get used to the light back end (Lift off oversteer is your friend). The car likes to be driven smoother than a lot of other quick hatches I tried out, use the boost to your advantage.

TTRS & V50
Very nice car mate! I do really really like these.

I see you mentioned understeer, i'd suggest getting rid of those front tyres. I had them on my subaru and they were pretty cack tbh. I've changed them for V12's and it's a massive improvement for the money. I'd imagine (if I was keeping the car) if I fitted pzero's or similar, then it would have been even better still!

I had V12's on my Civic, epic tyres. It doesn't feel like the understeer is from the tyres, rather the set-up of the car. As below really.

FWIW I fitted Eibachs to mines and felt they ruined the car so took them off a week later. It handled like crap with them on and was all over the place!

Potentially tbh. I won't be going back to standard ride height thought, apart from the understeer, it handles good for a barge.

As for tyres, its widely believed (Well, on a million page thread on MK5Gti.co.uk) that Michelin Pilot sports, or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric are the two to go for. I have the latter, and its actually hilarious how s**t the factory spec Conti's are in comparison.

Edit: Just seen you have the Goodyears on. Little tip, Traction control off and get used to the light back end (Lift off oversteer is your friend). The car likes to be driven smoother than a lot of other quick hatches I tried out, use the boost to your advantage.

Yeah got Eagles all round. Might go for V12's next time, however tyres do differ from car to car, true story. Hate lift-off oversteer, can't handle it (pun). Yeah I can tell it likes to be driven smoothly compared to the Civic, it's progressively fast, Civic is just raw quick.

Thats a very nice example.

Looks lovely.

Was as it top money?

TY. The great thing about it was there wasn't a premium for the factory extras/mods, same money as a standard example with no extras.

DB.

BMW 440i
I've got the Goodyear F1's, very good in the golf, huge difference compared to the mid range crap on the car before!

TTRS & V50
1,300 miles down - 28.88 MPG.

Very happy with it, love the Miltek, gives a great noise.

No, I'm not bored to death of it either - Miltek and R32 brakes make this car TBH.

Not a fan of using instagram photos on anything other than instagram, but no recent photos..

caa3a66465cd11e382b5120d430ec6dc_8.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
Been seeing why these are a good choice now. Very nice.

Also 28mpg? Getting 23 in the clio :(

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Pedal feel with the R32 brakes?

Big weak point of mine, immense stopping power with zero brake feel.

DB.

BMW 440i

If you potter round in 6th a lot you can easily see 400+ out of a tank, although 330ish is probably more usual if choosing not to potter around everywhere

TTRS & V50
Thanks Ben.

If you potter round in 6th a lot you can easily see 400+ out of a tank, although 330ish is probably more usual if choosing not to potter around everywhere

Could definitely get mid to late 30s, but I have been using the go pedal a lot.

Pedal feel with the R32 brakes?

Big weak point of mine, immense stopping power with zero brake feel.

Fantastic ! Has new discs and pads when I bought it, epic bite.

Jesus really ? Wrong timing ! It's worse than my old Clio for fuel, but makes a long journey a joy.

Clio 182
I'm entering the market for a mk4 r32, I can deal with the French build quality on track days but not day to day and I want that V6 noise in my life!.... But that does look very nice, I heard that they had a stronger bottom end over normal gti's so you can safely get a lot more power from them. Enjoy it!

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
looks pretty nice. more pictures required though

RDH, thats sounds a bit strange with regards to your brakes. i appreciate I'm a newer car etc but my brakes feel great!

also ask Paprika about his fuel consumption, it'll make you feel a bit better
if you want to feel a lot better. come and chat to me haha

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
No issue with how well they stop the car. But they are even on or off, no progression on the pedal.

looks pretty nice. more pictures required though

RDH, thats sounds a bit strange with regards to your brakes. i appreciate I'm a newer car etc but my brakes feel great!

also ask Paprika about his fuel consumption, it'll make you feel a bit better
if you want to feel a lot better. come and chat to me haha

:dead: don't even...

No issue with how well they stop the car. But they are even on or off, no progression on the pedal.

Thats very much a VAG group thing.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Aye my pedal seems to be pretty good.
I don't know though I can't recall having any negative thoughts about how on/off it was when I first got it so I can't even say that I'm maybe just used to it lol.

TTRS & V50

That is true, nearly went through the windscreen compared to my Type R, but you get used to it and you can progressively slow-down easily once used to it. Perfect set-up, IMO.

TTRS & V50
Aye my pedal seems to be pretty good.
I don't know though I can't recall having any negative thoughts about how on/off it was when I first got it so I can't even say that I'm maybe just used to it lol.

Do you own an R? I'm tempted to get one come summer time, or an S3. Forza 5 has just lured me in.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Do you own an R? I'm tempted to get one come summer time, or an S3. Forza 5 has just lured me in.

Yeah I've got an R,
It is great but I'm just paying to much each month for it and any justify it anymore!

Quattro is the most terrific invention ever!!
Again be prepared to spend a lot on petrol!
I'm sorta hanging about 23-26 to the gallon. Best I've seen is 29 LOL