ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My E46 330ci M Sport

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Did they say why it's taken them 7 weeks and 2 days?!
Nope. They mentioned a delay due to having to get BMW to agree to new wing, and being very busy, but I will be finding out when I pick it up. As long as it's a good job that's the main thing

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fingers crossed they've done a good job, can't imagine how much of a pisstake it would be if it wasn't perfect.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It's free tho and gave a courtesy car. Great deal even if it took this long

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It's free tho and gave a courtesy car. Great deal even if it took this long

Have you driven a Mini for 7 week before though? I've been driving my other halfs brand new Cooper for 3 weeks and it's sole destroying haha.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
iv actually enjoyed the wee mini cooper d. i chuck it in sport mode everytime i use it, but then im old.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
So after being told last week it would be finished today, I had to phone them at 4 today after not getting the call I was promised and surprise surprise it's now going to be finished on Friday....... Who best to complain about this whole fiasco.? Straight to BMW? Or Peter vardy? This dentec crowd are a joke. And this is a BMW approved body shop.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I actually emailed BMW customer service and copied in halliwell Jones to give them a thumbs up (and to record that they had done what they said with BMW just to cover my back cos I'm a sneaky t**t, ha)

They both replied so yeah go down that route, I can find the email if you want?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dentec are BMW approved? Then again the standard of work isn't really hand in hand with approval. It simply depends on how much cash you want to spend getting it. We got rid of VW/Audi for that exact reason.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I wish I could comment on their work but I've yet to see it. Meant to be finished tomorrow. We will see

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Phoned dentec at 4pm. Guess what, not ready. Body shop manager told the girl I spoke to it will definitely be finished on Wednesday and will fill the car up with fuel for missing their deadline. Lmfao, I think they missed the deadline about 6 weeks ago. 8 weeks this Monday since I dropped it off. She was giving it the "it has to go through several stages" chat. Laughable.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's a mental amount of time! Even if they rebuilt it!!!!

Phoned dentec at 4pm. Guess what, not ready. Body shop manager told the girl I spoke to it will definitely be finished on Wednesday and will fill the car up with fuel for missing their deadline. Lmfao, I think they missed the deadline about 6 weeks ago. 8 weeks this Monday since I dropped it off. She was giving it the "it has to go through several stages" chat. Laughable.
It takes a long time to swap the best parts off yours and put them on the theirs.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Are you far from the bodyshop? If not, just call in unexpected and ask to see it, at least you'll know what kind of state it's in.

I'm pissed off for you!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Body shop is about 50 miles from me or I would of been in a long time ago.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Even if your not actually going to do it, Ring up Monday and say your coming in to see what the f***s going on. See what the response is.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You are a patient man, I would have lost it a long time ago. Not in a ranting way just simply in the bodyshop managers office asking to see my car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Body shop is about 50 miles from me or I would of been in a long time ago.
50 mile or 150 miles i'd have been down there. I wish my customers were as easy as you!!

They haven't been repairing your rust. It doesn't take 8 weeks. In fact you'd be hard pushed to drag it out 8 days!
You need to find out wtf they've done to your car.
My bet is, they've crashed it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
50 mile or 150 miles i'd have been down there. I wish my customers were as easy as you!!

They haven't been repairing your rust. It doesn't take 8 weeks. In fact you'd be hard pushed to drag it out 8 days!
You need to find out wtf they've done to your car.
My bet is, they've crashed it.
Bit drastic. Probably just way down the pecking order. They do need to give some answers tho and sharpish

Good luck pal.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bit drastic. Probably just way down the pecking order. They do need to give some answers tho and sharpish

Good luck pal.
What do you mean 'down the pecking order' ?

He's a customer. Simple as that.

I don't understand how people get away with s**t like this?? We get monumentally fucked if we're more than 12 hours late with a customer deadline.
To the point that some of our blokes start at 4am to make sure the day's work can be done in time.
These c***s take 8 weeks to repair some wings and CS are all 'ahh, something must be up, I'm sure it'll be ok. They said it will be ready next Week'.

f**k off. That's just not good enough. They've had your car EIGHT f**king WEEKS!!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'm just trying to say that they probably haven't crashed it. Why would they? Sure they could take something a bit more flash out for a joy ride than a 12 year old 3 series at a BMW bodyshop, not to mention it'd be ultra unprofessional - a lot more than a late job.

But the only people who will know are the bodyshop.

It's not to do without getting away with it! I'd be kicking off 100%

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm just trying to say that they probably haven't crashed it. Why would they? Sure they could take something a bit more flash out for a joy ride than a 12 year old 3 series at a BMW bodyshop, not to mention it'd be ultra unprofessional - a lot more than a late job.

But the only people who will know are the bodyshop.

It's not to do without getting away with it! I'd be kicking off 100%
I've witnessed an apprentice drive a 6 month old 7 series off a ramp. That was 6ft in the air.

I know of two drivers crash two customers cars into each other at traffic lights.

A mechanic (who's now fired) went and sat in a customers car for a fag on his dinner break and burnt a hole the size of a tennis ball in the footwell carpet.

We are dealing with motor trade people here. They are not normal people, not by any stretch. Anything is possible.

Yeecups have you asked for a photo? I assume you have. At he very least you should be getting that. Personally, I'd be driving over there after work.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! I thought it was going to be ready?

To give you an idea, the painting can be the longest part, so they knew what stage it was at and they lied. That's fact just now.

I cannot fathom what they have done nor why the hell they have lied!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Well it's with BMW complaints now. Today I spoke to the operations manager at dentec who admitted the time was completely unacceptable but couldn't explain why it's taken them so long. He did explain what they have actually done, and that both front wings are off to do sills etc. He has personally guaranteed I will have it back Friday. Will be interesting to see what BMW think of their approved bodyshop. I have made all the calls chasing, never had one courtesy call or update, let's hope their work is better than their customer service

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Good god, what have they been doing for 9 weeks if it's not even in paint.

Do you remember what mileage it was on?

Yescup you have my sympathy. I too have had the runaround from bodyshops. I hope they have not damaged your pride and joy. These cars are special and deserve to be treated that way. Glad you have notified BMW. Someone needs to pay. Why can't they comply with a reasonable repair schedule? As the great Bill Struth said "comply or die." Hope the repairs are at least up to scratch. Fingers crossed for an injury time winner so to speak! You're at leat 2 mins into injury time by my calculations!