ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my dyno results

M

mini-valver

Paul at RSTuning has to be worth a shot Mark. I was under the impression Ben swore by him.....

megane 285 sport
sorry lads been off a while, around the streets it doesnt feel that quicker, but then again the acceleration is sprend out rather then in two kicks, but ive notice when pinning it, keeping the revs up, it does half go, got it spinning in third in the wet chasing a 350Z, nether done that before.

VaVa
I think the problem is expectation.

I never bothered to have my car RR'd - I'm more of a 'proof of the pudding is in the eating' type of guy. I bought the best kit I could afford for mine at the time and found the car was much more driveable, pulled better from lower down in the rev range and rev'd a bit more freely.

This was over two years ago. I had thought that there would be some easy gains to b made on these cars by now but it seems they are difficult to extract decent power gains from without spending some fairly serious cash.

VaVa
I said it was two years ago. I was interested in tuning Clios' before you appeared slating everything in sight... seems you're the one that catches on quick ;)

VaVa
Can you actually speak English without talking in riddles?

I understand it's your second language but, come on, at least make an effort! ;)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
sorry lads been off a while, around the streets it doesnt feel that quicker, but then again the acceleration is sprend out rather then in two kicks, but ive notice when pinning it, keeping the revs up, it does half go, got it spinning in third in the wet chasing a 350Z, nether done that before.

I'd have to say I'd feel disappointed if my car felt like that after that kind of work.

megane 285 sport
i was probably expecting to much, i only had mild cams fitted and matched inlets fitted, the unchip i believe is just to map up the ecu. i ay saying its no faster bottom end, i ay really give it some yet cause of all the rain, my tyres ay all to fresh. for all i know the rollers may be out, anyone been to aldon automotive, yes i was dissappointed when he told me i had 185bhp. when is there a next rolling road event around the west mids, or anywhere, then atleast i can actually compare with everyone else.

A4 Avant
^^ Donny has organised one in telford for early September. Put ya name down in the loacl events thread!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
i was probably expecting to much, i only had mild cams fitted and matched inlets fitted, the unchip i believe is just to map up the ecu. i ay saying its no faster bottom end, i ay really give it some yet cause of all the rain, my tyres ay all to fresh. for all i know the rollers may be out, anyone been to aldon automotive, yes i was dissappointed when he told me i had 185bhp. when is there a next rolling road event around the west mids, or anywhere, then atleast i can actually compare with everyone else.

Fair enough if you haven't been able to give it full beans yet, it should pull a lot better when accelerating hard.

My car feels like it's gone back to standard due to the heat...real killer.

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
hey mate try a different rolling road as ual notice difference power from your car at other R/R some are better than others, and try and do it on a nice cool day, get rid of the chip, live map it to suit your mods;)

E39 M5 & Corsa track
my 172 cup with piperX panel filter made 166bhp on our rolling road. as for remaps, id say Wayne @ chip wizards is one of the best out there, having seen alot of cars he has mapped (he used to use our dyno) the results he gets are great. I wouldnt have any issues about using him to map my car.

with rolling road figures your never going to get the same results on one rollers to another, different temps atmos pressures etc, when was it last calibrated etc! all makes a difference.

this is why e calibrate ours as often as possible

cup 182 mit stripes
Very modest of you not to be blowing the Jamspeed trumpet,broster.lol

I see you do live re-mapping. Any good on Clios?

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Proof will be when mine is done, were waiting for our new emulator to turn up at the minute tho. soon as that is here and the new rolling road bay is up and running we hope to be offering some deals to fellow cliosport members.

cup 182 mit stripes
Nice to hear that,broster. Are you in Northhampton? Once went there to get my 1275GT Mini turbocharged by Turbo Technics. Are they still there?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
made me laugh, its not just me who thinks it ;)

Nice choice of words there :clown:

Last edited: