ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Daily Project

182 Turbo Project
So, this is the beginning of what I hope to be a nice little project. After having inspiration from members such as Jenic and ChrispyClio, I have decided to take the plunge into starting to strip my 182. I have put together a list of items that I am looking to purchase in January (student loans ftw), the list so far is as follows:

• Cage of some sort - Maybe an MSV?
  • Battery relocation
  • JMS airbox set-up/V6 airbox
  • Buckets - Need to find some that will fit my ass
  • Harnesses - not really sure on what to get, so any help would be much appreciated!
  • A re-map, but for the mods I will have I don't know if an RSTuner would be sufficient.
  • A new steering wheel/old wheel flocked
  • New discs and pads - need some that will be good for both day and track use
  • Driver tuition
  • Track days!

So it seems quite a list but I just can't wait to get it sorted. At the moment the car is running a Simota intake, sounds nice but probably is losing me power :(and a Janspeed exhaust system with decat, the unsilenced version. Like I said before the rear has been semi-stripped, just need to get rid of the rear belts. Would consider taking the rear cards out, but I don't know if I'm hardcore enough! I also have a set of VMaxx Coilovers which are firm, but so much better than the Apex springs it had on before! I will try and get some decent pictures up soon, but the car is covered in snow still!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Go to the rolling road day on Saturday, if it isn't cancelled, to give you a before figure so you know how the mods are working together.

Will also be worth buying the trackday group buy which i think is still available. Will save you a lot if you plan to do a few days next summer :)

182 Turbo Project
How much is it on Saturday? I wanted to get the car in a state that I'm happy with before buying a whole load of track time. As it's a bit ropey at the moment :(

182 Turbo Project
Update!

Have ordered a race battery that will fit under one of my seats, as I didn't really want to have it in the boot. I have also started to remove the fogs in order to run better cooling for the brakes. Was looking at getting the cup racer ducts from Yozza, but seeing how P@blo on here has started fabricating his own, I might do the same.

Been talking to Ryan at NWP, and decided to get my front doorcards flocked along with my steering wheel as I would really like to keep my airbag :S

Just need to organise getting my buckets and harnesses, has anyone got any suggestions which of these to get? What sort of harnesses etc and peoples experiences with different types of seats!

Pictures will follow when I bet back :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Sounding good, looking forward to seeing how you progress things. You goin to fibreglass the ducts? Ill drop you a pm when mine are done.

182 Turbo Project
Sounding good, looking forward to seeing how you progress things. You goin to fibreglass the ducts? Ill drop you a pm when mine are done.

I was waiting for you to finish yours ha ha. Probably will end up doing that yeah.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I fail to see the point in getting the door cards flocked :S

If its a track car and your that bothered then remove them, otherwise leave them be. Will look s**t flocked.

Also, if your running harnesses you dont need an airbag, so might aswell get a different wheel. A flocked wheel will also look shite, if you really want to keep the standard wheel the retrims a guy on here does look mint.

182 Turbo Project
I fail to see the point in getting the door cards flocked :S

If its a track car and your that bothered then remove them, otherwise leave them be. Will look s**t flocked.

Also, if your running harnesses you dont need an airbag, so might aswell get a different wheel. A flocked wheel will also look shite, if you really want to keep the standard wheel the retrims a guy on here does look mint.

I really like the look of flocking, plus I would like to keep the original cards in the front :) It's just a little different!