ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Daily Derv

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
After selling my Focus RS I decided to get something semi sensible to use as a daily for a while and ended up buying this 330D from someone on a Ford site I use. It had already had full genuine M3 panels fitted along with the interior, since then i've added some carbon and had a remap and dpf removal.
After fitting it I have decided I don't really like the look of the all carbon CSL style rear spoiler so it will be going in to get that painted leaving just the trailing edge in carbon.

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

T2eC16dyEE9s5jGKoOBR6lENNpew60_58.jpg

1383059105.jpg

1383059056.jpg

1383058558.jpg

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Wow, person before you must have spent a fortune adding all the M3 bits onto it, which begs the question, why bother?!?! Anyway, nice car although I'm not a fan of pretend cars, even though the 330D is still a seriously quick and capable motor.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip I have pics of the build and they even went to the extent of fitting a M3 boot floor panel so a genuine M3 back box could be fitted, its giving a combined 45+ mpg with around 280 bhp so ideal for what I want.

zedx19 I agree about replica cars im not a great fan either , Im actualy looking to get the two small M3 wing badges remade to say MD.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like the idea if i'm honest Neil. Everyone wants flagship looks with cheaper running costs. I really like it. Great compromise.

Wheels are a tad marmite but you've got yourself a cracker and will sell on in a flash imo.

Suzuki Jimny
Looks tidy enough but would never have a replica. Just imagine peoples faces who are expecting a glorious V8 to fire up :(

I quite like that but the plates and spoiler let it down a bit. Easily sorted though should you wish to.

Range Rover Sport
I like it...

Not it a huge fan of the wheels but wheels are such a personal touch it's hard to please everyone.

Infact the more I look at it, the more I like it. Not sure if I'd build it myself but I can certainly see why someone would buy it after it's already had the money put into/onto it.

Lovely car!

Is it straight?? As in not cat d etc

the normal reason in 99% of cars of this type is they have either been a write off or at least been in a big enough shunt to warrant new panels.

Remember cars can have a fairly big shunt in their first few years and not be recorded anywhere.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If it's HPI clear then it's either unrecorded and modified at repair or had someone with very very very deep pockets own it.

Does look nice though. Some genuine m3 alloys would finish it off nicely

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Like that it looks like an M3 and you haven't put an M badge on it!

This!

99% of BMW owners have a car that looks nothing like an M car but insist on sticking a few badges on. I love this car. All the looks of flagship with a big mpg figure. That's for the win in my opinion.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I agree that's why I'm trying to get rid of the M3 badges on the wing vents.
On my old 996 that had a GT2 bumper and spoiler I kept the turbo badge rather than fitting a gt2 one for the same reason, even though that car had more power , better suspension and brakes than a standard gt2.

misc2025.gif

iphonepics017.jpg

Damm I miss that car :(

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Quite convincing! Why the massive change from the 996 to the 3 Series!!?[/QUOTE
I sold the 996 about 4 years ago to fund house upgrades had about 10 different cars since then, have a bad habit of only keeping them about 6 months.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Really like that, wheels are a little OTT but work, other than that, it just needs the exhaust positioning properly. Really lets it down at the moment.

Oh and the porsche is mint, but painting the wheels inners black is madness.