ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my crashed 182 can it be repaired?

Clio 182 Titanium
Hi guys I've only gone and crashed my 182 at the nurburgring...rather gutted.
Not got any pics yet as its stuck in Germany till next week.
I hope it can be repaired with your help! I think the ARB broke or something and the car understeered into a barrier at about 40mph. I hit the near side front corner and the rear axle doesnt look too good either.
how will I be able to tell of the chassis is bent? I guess just strip off all the damaged parts and have a look. the wheels are all broken and the driveshaft is out of the gearbox and balljoint off hub .
where Can i buy front panels and n/s wing etc? its a 54 plate
thanks for your help im sure this will be a long thread if It can be repaired...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Unlucky mate.

Pictures would help people give you their opinion on whats happned and what may need replacing. For spare parts i'd look on ebay for a 182 that is been broken for parts.

You could also try cliospares (<-type that into google)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Check under the boot carpet as well as the boot floor creases really easily on the 1*2's

panels can be pretty cheap, it's the spraying that costs. did they charge you much for recovery at the ring?

Clio 182 Titanium
did they it was 945 euros for barrier repair and 200 euros recovery! now 600 pounds to drag it back!
Ill sort the recovery out and rip some bits off and get some pictures, I can spray but probably not the silver metallic as i use cellulose. but ill have a go.
the passenger door didnt want to open but think the wing is stopping it.
got some pics/ video somewhere...

Clio 182 Titanium
100_0534.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh dear mate thats really unlucky.

If you can get pictures up of the damage then it will help us tell you if it can be repaired

Clio 182ff
did they it was 945 euros for barrier repair and 200 euros recovery! now 600 pounds to drag it back!
Ill sort the recovery out and rip some bits off and get some pictures, I can spray but probably not the silver metallic as i use cellulose. but ill have a go.
the passenger door didnt want to open but think the wing is stopping it.
got some pics/ video somewhere...

That makes baby Jesus cry :cry:

200 FF Storm Grey
argh feel bad for you mate, that's why I personally don't fancy going there, you're just up utter sh1t creek if you crash, i'd just make it driveable mate then worry about the rest when you get home, a new rear axle you can get for £150

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awaits Weeman.

If your back axle is bad then it will need to be jigged and measured to determine if the chassis is bent, it most likely will be.

I'm guessing it can't go through the insurance.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I worked on Porsches in a bodyshop we had a customer who did a track day/weekend at Spa he also crashed but once he got the car back to the uk he told the insurance company he crashed in a country lane.
They payed out the 15k repair bill on his 964 RS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
^ I didn't want to post that but yeah easily done.

I bet the porsche owner didn't post on the internet about his Ring crash.

Stagecoach Ticket
If you in the South Kent area i will take a look for you when you back mate if you want

As above if your not track insured drag it back to uk and say u sliped on oil and hit a barrier and dump it on the road and ring ur insurance company

From what you saying with the drive shaft being broken you have to go through alot to smash the shaft chances are there will be alot of damage lol but never know fire some pics up mate loads people on here will be able to help

J

Suzuki Ignis Sport
This is the reason why i am scared to take my car to Nurburgring... not that i'm a bad driver, i'm a brilliant driver... but things can happen!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
^ I didn't want to post that but yeah easily done.

I bet the porsche owner didn't post on the internet about his Ring crash.
Sorry about that but i only said what others where thinking.....lol
It was about 12 years ago now so internet was not such a big thing

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Jeez, some of the suggestions on here are disappointing.
Making up a claim is fraud which is a criminal offence.
I hope if one of your (or indeed my) car(s) gets hit and the driver drives off, we give them a round of applause because that is the equivalent of what some people here are advocating.
We will (and do) pay for dodgy claims every year through our insurance and then we complain insurance is too high!
If you want to go on a circuit, fair play but don't expect us all to pay when things go wrong.
I thought enthusiasts car clubs were a bit better than that.

E90
You with the Clubgti guys?

I think you were all at the Bergstube when i popped up sunday.

Sorry to hear, these things happen, I very nearly had my own tale of destruction on sunday, got away with spinning the bmw out of the mini karussel, missing the armco by about a foot lol

If you need it back early, give my mate a buzz, I think he's over next weekend anyway, and if hes already got one on, price usually goes down, Names Alex, tell him Dave (weeman) sent you

39860_10150245163445634_636320633_14278260_1507096_n.jpg

lizard logistics.

260% JCW
I hope if one of your (or indeed my) car(s) gets hit and the driver drives off, we give them a round of applause because that is the equivalent of what some people here are advocating.
We will (and do) pay for dodgy claims every year through our insurance and then we complain insurance is too high!
If you want to go on a circuit, fair play but don't expect us all to pay when things go wrong.

Another preecher,

Why not claim, every other fucker does. Ive had insurance for years on many things and never claimed. I dont go moaning though to all the t***s who drive with no insurance ect ect.

E90
If everyone else fucked their kids would that make it ok for everyone else to do it.

Another preecher,

Why not claim, every other fucker does. Ive had insurance for years on many things and never claimed. I dont go moaning though to all the t***s who drive with no insurance ect ect.

Turbo LY R27

I suppose you dont speed or do anything illegal in your trophy do you?

Mountune Tractor
Another preecher,

The reason all of our insurance policies are going up is because of fraud, exactly what is being suggested in this thread. It's pathetic and as is1 says a criminal offence.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im not going to say why but i most definatley wouldnt post this on the internet.

There are plenty of oil patches and unicorns to avoid on our shores.

Sorry to hear of this mate, soul destroying!

Clio 182 Titanium
Yeah I was with club gti, Alex-Lizard logistics is picking it up soon, but not dropping it off for a week or so.

Its looking like a write off after looking into airbags etc and some of the minor incidents of this forum. but we shall see. I can do all the work myself but if its bent its dead...
someone told me the passenger driveshaft isnt bolted in. i dont think its actually sheared it but pulled it out of gearbox. post when i have photos...

I think i saw this at the Autohaus behind lidl ?

My mate had his white MNR Vortex recovered there, after the clutch blew.

260% JCW
The reason all of our insurance policies are going up is because of fraud, exactly what is being suggested in this thread. It's pathetic and as is1 says a criminal offence.

Most people are aware of the reasons behind insurance hikes, but your not going to stop joe bloggs doing it. A recent insurance survey found that Last year 5 million people in the UK did not consider insurnce fraud a big deal. You and is1 best get posting if your going to stop all these fradulent claims.

Clio 182 Titanium
the car is finally coming back in a couple of hours! no thanks to lizard logistics having it for afew weeks.
pics by this afternoon!