ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clutch is slipping. coal ville.

impreza sti prodrive
im at college for a few weeks in coalville (leciester) & ive just descoverd my clutch is slipping. any 1 know any were to get it done. i was quoted £870 ish from my local dealers in durham?:mad:

cheers nick.;)

bit off topic but im about 10 minute drive from coalville, I always get my car done by a bloke called triggy in Overseal (a village just pass Ashby) he is very fair on his prices and does a cracking job, send me a PM if you want me to get his garage details

renault trophy 182
hi there i live in coalville, theres a garage that my mate owns in coalville prices are reasonable u could always ask for a quote 01530 817610,

NEED V6!
My clucth went this morning, had AA out they discovered that the cable had some what detached itself and was loose. He tighted it back up for no cost have a look under the air filter and check yourself that it's not just loose cause you don't wanna pay £850 for a mechanic to screw a bolt back into place.:rasp:

impreza sti prodrive
daft question. when your clutches went did the peadel go to the floor or was it still biting @ the top? i will check the cable tmor in the light.
cheers

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
01509 213030 ask for Renault.

Then ask for Dale & see what he can do, this is the Renault service centre in Loughborough.

impreza sti prodrive
cheers mate. im hoping its just the cable as the bitting point is still at the top & was only doing it with 4 peaple in the car. but i was not racing.

Clio 182 Cup
01509 213030 ask for Renault.

Then ask for Dale & see what he can do, this is the Renault service centre in Loughborough.

Seconded. These guys are by far the best option in the East Midlands if you want to go down the 'official Renault' route.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
Ive had some requests for some standard 172 182 renault clutches which i can get from renault on staff discount. I cant sort the fitting but i can sort the clutch kit. its the valeo standard 172 182 ones, if anyone is interested i can possibly get them for 180£ + vat you can come pick them up from me to save money! btw renault quote people 120 pounds per hour and 9 hours labour so 1080 lol i got mine done somewhere else for 220 i think from discount again. best thing to do is purchase a new clutch kit and get it fitted by your local dealers! pm me if interested

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
not forgetting the 1 years warrenty if you purchase from renault! you cant go wrong

BMW M135i
This will be covered under your 3 year warranty will it not??

Renault will most likely argue that its a "consumable item" and therefore not covered, despite the miliage.

Surely clutches dont go at 26k

Not usually unless you've been launching it at every oppertunity, mine went a 28k due to a gearbox oil seal failing and spraying oil all over it. It could just be worn but it could be something else to look at with this low miliage.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
bloody hell i'm on 70k and mine is ok..... touching lots of wood lol

impreza sti prodrive
well. done my clutch today. when i got it out the drive plate was fine but the pressure plate forks were fooked & the release baring was nearly dry.

i might add aswell that. renault recon it takes 8 hours to do a clutch well ive done mine today in my yard with no ramps or air tools ect in 5 hours from start to finish.

172 Ph2
bloody hell i'm on 70k and mine is ok..... touching lots of wood lol

Just had mine done, it had done 78K and was said to 'still have a bit of life left' by the guy who did it! I paid £91 for the clutch and £275 for fitting inc vat. It took the guy who did mine about 8 hours just for the record! It's made a big difference around town and the pedal is loads lighter and bites a lot lower! Money well spent!