ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Progress

Clio 182 Cup
hey iv'e owned 2 crappy punto's before i found this 1.6 clio for sale in an advert in the paper and decided for a change :D this is how i picked it up...
had the cambelt change 100 miles after i had it it had done 43k and is 8 years old and it hadent been done so i though better to be safe than sorry so that was £120 straight away

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

first thing i did was buy these light most people on here will say there shite but i like um:approve:

IMG_0182-1.jpg

IMG_0184-1.jpg

a couple of weeks later saw loads of cars on here with diamonds painted so thought id give it a go so i did the bullets wheels and front and rear badges :D
IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

then came my birthday present and recived this plate :D
IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

and also upgraded my headlight bulbs to 100w dipped and main beams + led 501's

DSC00028-1.jpg

then i bought some springs of ebay which sat in my house for about 3 weeks till i could afford um to be put on there 45mm front and rear looks loads better to what it did

IMG_0313.jpg

then i painted my calipers/rear drums silver just to look more tidy.

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

dont have a picture of the front calipers i forgot there just painted siver tho aswell :D also put this brake light cover on saw it on another car so thoughts on that please

IMG_0325.jpg

:D BEFORE ANYONE SAYS i know its not a sport i KNOW iv'e Lablled it a sport its just how i like it plus im making it into a rep and have the:

Rear bumper
Front bumper
182 wings
182 sideskirts

just after the grill to go then i will start to get the rest painted and put on plus i need the side strips painted and i forgot to add i painted my spoiler also just my phone was broke at that time so have no photos slight photo on the last pic of it but all good :D more to come yet tho as i have got R1XPH making my pipes for my bmc cda to go on also have that sitting in the garage waiting to go on thanks for reading anyway more to come once i have the rs bumpers and wings painted
IMG_3477.jpg

looks a good little project, don't like the lights atall, would look alot better standard but if you like em fair play, think they'd look better sprayed red though

Clio 182 Cup
lol they do do the red tinted versions was in two minds bought getting them but was planning on getting the tinted angel eyes to match them.

Charged Superleggera
looks good and good plans. i wouldve kept the drums black but silver isnt too bad either

hmm, they are ok on black cars for the stealth look but if you've got yellow and silver details think it'l look abit too busy

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Tail lights are terrible, the badges are so random, the Rsport brake light is tacky.

not feeling it at all.....or maybe 5th gear annoyed me.

I like the side repeaters, that's about it, sorry. Aren't those headlights illegal and going to blind the hell out of everybody?

imo you should pick a direction or theme you want the car to be and stick to it, instead of doing mods for the sake of it, have a look on here at cars in same color for inspiration, but as i said its only my opinion

Clio 182 Cup
Where did you go to get your cambelt done?

Oh and want some standard 16V badfges in nautical blue?

well i got all the parts from my work the belt was £8.99 ish and the tensioner set was about £35 the had to get some corteco seals which wer a fiver then the rest was to do it

it was dont at a garage my work sells parts too

Clio 182 Cup
imo you should pick a direction or theme you want the car to be and stick to it, instead of doing mods for the sake of it, have a look on here at cars in same color for inspiration, but as i said its only my opinion

its probably cuz its not finished i mean once ive got all the rs stuff on im changing the alloys and doing the calipers again to yellow

its probably cuz its not finished i mean once ive got all the rs stuff on im changing the alloys and doing the calipers again to yellow

oright, done a good job at the spraying, get the door handles and strips done it'l finish it off nicely, what wheels you after?

Clio 182 Cup
was planning on buying these of the owner @rt on here other than that was gonan try and stick to a theme of white yellwo and blue and have some white o'z's with a yellow or blue rim

075.jpg

Will look good once its all colour coded and a rep.

I like the rear lights, But the car will only pull it off as a rep IMO.

Paint the rear drums black, Leave the front callipers silver would look better too.

Clio 182 Cup
Will look good once its all colour coded and a rep.

I like the rear lights, But the car will only pull it off as a rep IMO.

Paint the rear drums black, Leave the front callipers silver would look better too.

cheer mate thanks yeh hopefully it will all be dont for fcs time.. :)

those alloys are the ones i was after in white ha :D what engine size is yours ? and how much do you want for them alloys?

+ have you painted your drums/ calipers

1.2 powwwer mate :)

not sure tbh the lips need a refurb, but if your planning on painting them a different color you wont have the problem of polishing them

Image003.gif

mx5
If you get those wheels and wanna do them white, maybe do a colour coded lip, rather than all while?

I think it looks pretty decent so far, but maybe stick to just 2/3 colours, cos youll have blue,black, white, silver and yellow and thats where it would start looking tacky.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
If you get those wheels and wanna do them white, maybe do a colour coded lip, rather than all while?

I think it looks pretty decent so far, but maybe stick to just 2/3 colours, cos youll have blue,black, white, silver and yellow and thats where it would start looking tacky.

Yep, couldnt agree with you more. White wheels with colour coded rim (like the colour of the car or the yellow of the detailing). Nice car by the way and the lights are an acquired taste :p

Clio 182 Cup
Yep, couldnt agree with you more. White wheels with colour coded rim (like the colour of the car or the yellow of the detailing). Nice car by the way and the lights are an acquired taste :p

ha yeh was looking at some white oz's with a yellow rim they look ace :)

Nice touches mate :)
How did you mask off your lettering on the bullets?

with great dificulty i only heard the other day u could use bluetac then sprayed the whole badge silver then masked of the silver bit and sprayed the letters then went over after with an artist paint brush...

how much did those light cost you ?

£30-50 i think arround that of ebay was a right steal as they retail at like £130

1.4 phase 1
i like the yellow badges and bullets but not on the wheels. i would have left eh rear drum black and just done front one yellow tbh. if your gonna get white wheels i would give them blue or yellow lip. also dont like the rear lights at all.