ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Classic...one week later. (56k no no)

No more clio's for me!
Well....i'm loving it! :D

So much fun to drive, smooth and handles great. Covered just over 500miles this week combining various amount of roads motorway/b-roads etc and really happy with how it held up. Fuel is something else tho! :rasp:

Its so different coming from a hatch to saloon, but love how complete the car feels.

Heres a couple of pics after a wash today :)

IMG_4471.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4475.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

All in all, think i've picked up a mint example, without any insane mods. Theres a few areas that need attention...like a the screen wash motor has packed up and there is a small bit of paint peel on the rear passenger side skirt. I do need to re-fit the drivers side mud flap too! lol

As for a comparison to the clio...its just a completely different car and i think its fookin great! :race:

Comments welcome.

Dan

No more clio's for me!
Cheers for the comments...aye tempted with the anthercite wheels and the missus keeps nagging me to remove the WRX sticker. lol

Ad

MK2 FRS
Lol @ the petrol.... aye they are thirsty.

Mine went today...:(

They great to drive fast, but not a car for driving slow, just begs to be driven hard all of the time.. lol.

No more clio's for me!
Lol @ the petrol.... aye they are thirsty.

Mine went today...:(

They great to drive fast, but not a car for driving slow, just begs to be driven hard all of the time.. lol.

Gutted Ad, the RB5 was mint! Wish i had the cash to get it, but couldn't stretch any further. :(

Agree with you, it seems pointless just pottering about in it. lol. but i really look forward to my drive to and from work! :D

What's the insurance like Dan and who you with?

Nice looking motor. I'd seriously consider some different wheels in anthracite. I like the 22b wheels.

No more clio's for me!
What's the insurance like Dan and who you with?

Nice looking motor. I'd seriously consider some different wheels in anthracite. I like the 22b wheels.

Insurance is £950 with bell f/c, not too bad considering the clio was £650 :eek:

No more clio's for me!
awesome daniel-son.

what power is it making?

certainly looks like you found a clean example!!!

According to the guy i got it from 280bhp, as it has an STI bottom end.

Theres two versions around this age a 260bhp and 280bhp model, so theres a little debate on which it is, i'm thinking (been told) its the later as its a late 96? Certainly feels quick! lol