ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY cARs HEALED ITSELF!!!

RB 182
few days ago now my emissions light came up on my dashboard and was gettin 29-30mpg so gathered it was a problem with the lambda sensor, rang renault n they wanted 59quid for a diagnostic so then rang fred at yozzasport and he said he'd do it for free so was all set to go there next week but got in car last night and the light gone off after 5 days of it being on!! so i reset the comp and im now gettin 36mpg again. so now im confused what to do. is it ok again or not? just a loose connection u reckon?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
few days ago now my emissions light came up on my dashboard and was gettin 29-30mpg so gathered it was a problem with the lambda sensor, rang renault n they wanted 59quid for a diagnostic so then rang fred at yozzasport and he said he'd do it for free so was all set to go there next week but got in car last night and the light gone off after 5 days of it being on!! so i reset the comp and im now gettin 36mpg again. so now im confused what to do. is it ok again or not? just a loose connection u reckon?

it still might be worth taking it in if they can get the fault code out of it.. it might point straight at the faulty part and solve your problems till next time.. and there will be a next time mwaa ha ha ha haaaaa:rasp:

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
this has happened to me 3 times now - the first two times i brought it to renault who just said it was a faulty sensor and replaced it but the last time I thought whats the point, they dont have a clue and just left it and its been fine. u can buy a diagnostic code reader from k-tec which clears the faults i think, just guna do that if it ever stays on!!

RB 182
i did think about getting one of those. seems a worthwhile investment as im gatherin there will be alot more lights appearin on the dash in future:rasp:

Chocolate Bar™
if your ever stuck, just go up to see adrian wilson in leek. one of the only places ill take my car and he sorts it everytime. must have reset my error lights countless times on the old car :approve:

M

mini-valver

The light goes off after a few days but it WILL come back on. It'll be the 2nd llambda after the CAT. When it comes on, put a new sensor in and it'll reset itself and not come back on.