ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Car Red 197

clio sport 197
0PgAMHSIRg*8za2a5xsttyTHzekLMtxTnf8qa9uGLwejR0f6bEEWsufY6jsjafi1dJTntNmjsfp2QCsMJHJRxJaSmNIsss
My Red 197

0OwCsG3oP4Z7qVqwi*eqfTZbXyK8r3iBYO0luCKlD5BNF5zxtW1I1QJg9sSxjg2c9pepzuQk6gbesFBVpzptx

clio sport 197
No spoiler, but I prefer it without one. I had the Recaro's fitted and since they can recline it does not kill your back after a long journey. I did not bother with climate control as I live in England, no point, just another thing to go wrong I guess

clio sport 197
but at £850 plus other bits and tax came up to £16995 quite expensive for a clio. will be putting it around Donnigton park soon:)

clio sport 197
thanks. i prefer mk2 front end and power delivery but the 197 under 3000rpm is nice on the fuel and wallet.

clio sport 197
If the car did not have the rear diffuser i think it would look c**p and I would not have bothered.

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah the diffuser creates more downforce than the use of a spoiler, but it looks mint when there is a spoiler.. someone on this forum has it that blue one with 18s chrome 5 spoke

Nice car, i'm liking the 197's a fair bit more now:)
With regard to the diffuser I bet it does nothing at all.

Punto/Clio GTT
Why would they put them on a F1 car then

true someone on here has had it done in carbon fibre. Looks the dogs nuts

Obviously not mine, this is mine (standard) only got picture of the whole back (still good)

re-read what i said.

take it in, understand what im getting at.

i can understand a diffuser on a 600bhp skyline.. an 800bhp twin turbo supra.. or as you say an F1 car... but would a clio need a diffuser to create that downforce?

its never "needed" a spoiler, its there purely for looks and a selling point

"oh its got an F1 design rear diffuser"

ide bet it dont do anything whatsoever but look pretty.

but anyway, im no aerodynamic expert, just going by common sense.

i dont like the clio 197, i think the back end looks like a yaris too much and the front end just looks like every other car out there atm. Peugeot, renault.. citreon all exactly the same.

10 years ago cars were distinguished and they had noticeable features... now they have none.. apart from pretty diffusers.

however, interiors come a long long way and i really like the seats and the steering wheel looks tiny.

Clio 197
i can understand a diffuser on a 600bhp skyline.. an 800bhp twin turbo supra.. or as you say an F1 car... but would a clio need a diffuser to create that downforce?

An F1 car doesn't need it but they have it because it makes more downforce, so why wouldn't you get more downforce from having it on the clio, the answer is you do, that's why it handels better than if there wasn't an air defuser. Just because it hasn't got 600 bhp it doesn't mean you can't go round corners quickley, it just means you don't have to slow down as much for them.

i dont like the clio 197, i think the back end looks like a yaris too much and the front end just looks like every other car out there atm. Peugeot, renault.. citreon all exactly the same.

I agree the back ends on all modern cars are designed to be more arodynamic but at the end of the day if I wanted any of your said cars when I bought my 197 I would have bought one, which means that the 197 has made more of an impresion on me than the other said cars. I've just been on the Toyota website and I wouldn't say the 197 looks like a Yaris even from the back, I can see the arodynamics that have gone into it but the 197 is far superior IMO.

Arctic Clio 182 FF
The reason why so many cars look alike isn't down to purely design. Modern day safety requirements in a small car mean the designer has more demand on him in terms of space. All Clio size cars are similar because of what you have to fit into such a small space- overhangs for safety dictate wheel positioning, panel length, windscreen rake, height etc etc. This then has a say-so over the cars dimensions and possible shapes/angles. The Clio Mk3 is an original design as its evolved from the previous shapes- defo te nicest in its class......

J03

MX5 1.8
it doesnt matter how much BHP it has.. its just to keep the car glued to the road at high speed

Punto/Clio GTT
it doesnt matter how much BHP it has.. its just to keep the car glued to the road at high speed

missing my point completely.

if it was a very fast car (that better?) then it would need the downforce.

its a hot hatch clio. hardly needs planting to the roads as it hits the speed of sound.

clio sport 197
to be honest the diffuser only works at 120mph (thats what i was told by Renault) but I went to Germany last month by road and when i breaked faily hard from high speed on the autobahn the rear of the car lifted and that was pretty brown trouses.

Nice car, i'm liking the 197's a fair bit more now:)
With regard to the diffuser I bet it does nothing at all.

I'm with you on that, the diffuser is way to small and to high of the ground to have any effect on a little under powered Clio ;)

I guess they put in on to look good and make people think they are driving F1 Tech....lol ;)

Simon

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love them, best colour, my next car i think!!!

Oh and i reckon the diffuser looks well, but does naff all. After all, its only clipped on, if it created soooo much downforce it would fall off ;)

J03

MX5 1.8

missing my point completely.

if it was a very fast car (that better?) then it would need the downforce.

its a hot hatch clio. hardly needs planting to the roads as it hits the speed of sound.

well how bloody fast do u want to go! at speeds of around 200mph!? 100mph is fast enough... if ll of you say the diffuser does naff all then is there any need of a spoiler on anycar? (hot hatch)