ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Car - Not Much Changed

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Well, I havent really been on here in a while. Blame work, which I no longer do :mad: and other pressures which have kept me away from the interweb. Biggest change recently is that some really nice person decided to paint the wall next to where my car was parked, splashing her in house paint. I sought advice from a bunch of like minded mates and came to the conclusion that I had 2 options. 1) destroy the paint myself by trying to remove the house paint or 2) pay a detailer to do a proper job on her. Despite my lack of gainful employment and zero income, I decided to splurge my last 200 euros on a full detail for my baby. Heres some befores and afters, details of the products used are below the pics.

DSCF5693.jpg

DSCF5694.jpg

DSCF5695.jpg

DSCF5696.jpg

DSCF5697.jpg

DSCF5711.jpg

As you can see, the car wasnt in such bad nick and the paint wasnt as bad as you might have thought. But the specks were annoying me big style. As was the huge amount of tar deposits all over the flanks and even the bootlid. The boys spent well over 90 minutes removing the paint and tar by hand. A job I didnt envy them considering my back is due to be replaced under warranty...

Heres the afters

DSCF5712.jpg

DSCF5730.jpg

DSCF5732.jpg

DSCF5733.jpg

DSCF5734.jpg

DSCF5735.jpg

DSCF5737.jpg

Bit of a 2 fingered salute to the Jap and JDM brigade in Ireland!
DSCF5738.jpg

DSCF5739.jpg

So, the process and product used on the car is as follows:

Chemical Guys Bug Bugger to dissolve the well ground in bug squash
Supa Snow Foam left to dwell for 5 mins
Hand wash using microfibre soft mitt and 2 bucket method
Rinsed with Karcher jet washer, wheels sprayed with non acid wheel cleaner and hand cleaned using Wheel Gerbil wheel brush
Car dried with miracle dry microfibre towel
Tar treated with Chemical Guys tar remover
House paint removed using 3D APC and buffed with microfibre cloth
Car moved inside due to fading light and approaching rain
Paint cut using Menzerna cutting polish and Kestrel Rotary polisher, Hexalogic Green pad, buffed with microfibre cloth
Chemical Guys P40 Final polish, applied using Kestrel DA Polisher and soft detailing pad, buffed with clean microfibre cloth
Shine sealed with Chemical Guys Jetseal 109, applied using Kestrel DA Polisher and soft detailing pad, buffed with clean microfibre
2 x coats of Dodo Juice Orange Crush soft wax, applied by hand using foam applicator pad, buffed with clean microfibre cloth
Wheels treated with Berry Blast tyre gel
Bumper trim and wheel arches treated with 3D Magic Blue
Wheels coated with Chemical Guys Wheel Guard Wax
Engine bay was cleaned with 3D APC and dressed with 3D Magic Blue

Ireland being Ireland, it rained over the last few days which has given me the chance to see just how good Dodo Juice wax really is. The boys did a great job on the Clio and the Dodo Juice, while expensive is probably one of the best waxes Ive ever seen. Its available in a variety of blends depending on the base colour of your car so look out for it. Pricey, but I think the results speak for themselves. Get ready for some epic beadage :approve:

30042010008.jpg

30042010009.jpg

30042010011.jpg

30042010012.jpg

30042010013.jpg

All comments with the exception of "needs lowered" are welcome :rasp:

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Thanks lads. Yeah, I like the FDM sticker, although its a bit on the big side, could be more subtle. The owner of the frenchcarsireland.com site came up with it. Got sick of the whole JDM thing and got some done up. I also had a smilie face sticker on the other side but some toerag scumhead has pinched it. Who in the fcuk steals a bloody sticker??????????

I absolutely love this car to bits but I have to sell her. No choice really :S :dapprove: