ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car has a lake :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
been a stink in my car for a few days, on the search for what it was... i looked under my drivers side matt, oo bit damp.. under the seat... oh a huge lake, nice rear passenger footwell all wet too, no idea where its getting in... :dapprove:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
At Renault, I had a couple of clio's that came back with leaking door rubbers.

I also had 2 (or maybe 3?) come back with water leaks, and it was the rear side window seals.

T

thecremeegg

Got a sunroof? If so check the contact between the external seal and the top of the roof. In mine the water was getting underneath this and running down the inside of the door frames and creating puddles in the rear footwells.

Used some clear silicone sealant around the edge of the seal and it sorted it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
id imagine it is coming from the door seal as its mostly under the drivers seat, and a bit to the front and to the back... how on earth do i work out where its coming from

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Got a sunroof? If so check the contact between the external seal and the top of the roof. In mine the water was getting underneath this and running down the inside of the door frames and creating puddles in the rear footwells.

Used some clear silicone sealant around the edge of the seal and it sorted it

no sunroof , tis a 172

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Check the seals for corrosion and see if they have been pressed flat. Dry it all out and stick down some cloths and water the car. You should see it at the source first. Theres a drain under the wiper pannel that blocks as well apparently.

Storm Grey 200
Strip out the carpets, and get someone to hose the car with you in it, look for the leak. I had exactly the same problem in mine, the drains under the scuttle panel were blocked and it was over flowing into the car. check it out. And also the seal around the heater fan.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive moped up as much as i can for now but its dark and i cant see anything , left a towel under there so shouldnt get any worse.. will have a gander at the weekend,

grrr, anyone know how much a door seal is :(

clio 182 turbo
Strip out the carpets, and get someone to hose the car with you in it, look for the leak. I had exactly the same problem in mine, the drains under the scuttle panel were blocked and it was over flowing into the car. check it out. And also the seal around the heater fan.
strip out the carpets!!! yeah why doesn't he just rip out the seats what a cr@p idea.

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
strip out the carpets!!! yeah why doesn't he just rip out the seats what a cr@p idea.
You can move it you know :rolleyes: Hardly in the same league as an engine change..... 1 spanner job??

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Blocked scuttle panel drains or the hearbox seal is leaking had one in simial about 3 weeks ago. it will not be a door seal or rear window seal

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
but surely it would be in the footwell if it were the scuttle pannel not under the seat... there is a wee ridge

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Is the boot carpet wet?
Possibilities:
Door Seal?
Blocked Drain?
Rear Light Seal?
Windscreen Seal?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Any chance it's down to you and your ice install, wiring? from the bonnet in? Not pointing the finger, just a thought....

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Any chance it's down to you and your ice install, wiring? from the bonnet in? Not pointing the finger, just a thought....

nah its on the other side to the wiring, and that goes through a grommet than its sealed up agfet, plus this problem has only just started.

not checked the boot, dont think its wet but its kinda hard to get at now,
all the water seems to be located under the drivers seat, with a bit in front and a bit behind, passenger side is dry as a bone

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i do have one, but as soon as i sold my golf my wee bro bought a BMW and that seems to be living in there now :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Has your ICE install melted?

Seriously though, it's often the door rubbers. Go and find a set from a breaker's yard.

Focus RS Mk1
laura i have this same problem right now. can see a little trickle coming through on the passenger foot well, bottom of the door, about 4 inches or so back from the front. has madea nice puddle for me!

i think mine is a door sill. will get a new one soon. may call renualt in a bit :)

Clio 172
I had this problem & it was the passenger side door rubber, it had been squashed along the bottom so me been a tight git just took the rubber off & shifted it round so the squashed bit sat half way up the side of the door & it's been OK since.........

BMW M135i
Back arches and it'd be wet under the rear bench too, you'll probably have to have all the carpets and the underfoam out to dry it properly anyway so getting the hose on it then should show where its getting in. A blocked skuttle drain fills the skuttle up to the level of the heater then it runs in through that and the drivers footwell side is the lowest point of the heater so it runs into there, had the same thing with the 172.

Da

Less
Drivers side door seal, about £27 from Renault. I can get the part number if you want it Laura?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i striped all the carpet out today, wow there was alot of water in the sound deadening,

spent ages runing the hose over it and nothing,
so ive put it all back together dry, will see next weekend how we stand. im hoping it was a one off as we had some very very haevy rain last week

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
solved!!

this little thing was the cause of it all

DSCF0158.gif

Golf TDI
when my last clio had a leak i stripped back all the headlining/carpets etc and got my brother to hose the car down loads . worked for me , to find the problem .