ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car gets stranger by the day.

Ever since ive had my car (8 months+ now) the alarm has never worked. Ive got all the documentation to say it has been fitted properly when it first came off the boat from France but regardless its never worked.

Lock it on the remote, wait a minute or so for it to arm, and despite the led on the dash and by the gearstick flashing, you could get it and drive off in the thing using the key in the door and it wouldnt make a sound.

Anyway after fitting my new steering wheel today I disconnected the battery so as not to set off the airbag when doing the swap.

Anyway later i popped the bonnet release but then locked the car while i went inside to grab something and the thing starts bleeping like mad. Abit of investigating and the car hows now decided it once more has an alarm - locking the car and opening without disarming now yields a siren and flashing indicators - something it never ever did.

Why would it have previously just stopped working only to find its voice again after a bit of battery down time? Madness.