ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My bumper respray

Monaco 172 2/468
Right, i've booked in to get this done with this guy, referred from len_beach (cheers mate :D)

Sounds like he really knows his stuff, has quoted me £150 for a total front bumper respray, plus he's gonna try and touch up\buff out a few things for me while he is there. Also getting a guy to remove my door dents

2 questions :

He said because of how it looks he is going to paint over the little black bits in the bumper, as he reckons going round them is asking for trouble, might peel again (check the pic). What do people reckon to this ??

Also, does £65 sound ok for 2 panels dent removal (proper job that includes vat etc)

Attachments

• black jobby.jpg
    black jobby.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 57

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Glad you got in touch with him mate, where exactly is he?

As for the black sections, I think they can be removed. I wouldn't have them painted over as it will look as if it has been resprayed.

Dent wise, try www.dentsolutions.co.uk 07873 817338. Johnathan did both my rear quarter panels about 6 months ago. Removed approx 14 dents in total from the full length of the panel which took him around 2 and a half hours. Total cost was £140 inc. VAT.

Monaco 172 2/468
len_beach said:
Glad you got in touch with him mate, where exactly is he?

As for the black sections, I think they can be removed. I wouldn't have them painted over as it will look as if it has been resprayed.

Dent wise, try www.dentsolutions.co.uk 07873 817338. Johnathan did both my rear quarter panels about 6 months ago. Removed approx 14 dents in total from the full length of the panel which took him around 2 and a half hours. Total cost was £140 inc. VAT.

You know Rodley roundabout, next one down from Owlcotes, on way to Horsforth. About 1 min from there, easy enough to find off a backstreet

That would be useful, I hope someone can advise, as i'd like to keep em black !

You reckon that guy would be cheaper than £65 for both doors ? This guy just charges per panel

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Just have a quick go with the screwdriver, they should pop off I think.

As for the dents, give him a call. My rear qurters were pretty bad so took a while. I think it depends how long the repair takes but £65 does sound like a good price. Is that a contact of Chris' or someone else?

Monaco 172 2/468
len_beach said:
Just have a quick go with the screwdriver, they should pop off I think.

As for the dents, give him a call. My rear qurters were pretty bad so took a while. I think it depends how long the repair takes but £65 does sound like a good price. Is that a contact of Chris' or someone else?

I'll go out and have another look, and try not to break it lol

It's someone Chris knows, booked it in to do it the same day as respray at his place :cool:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I think I need to pop down and let the main man quote me on mine.

I need both bumpers, bonnet and spoiler doing. I've also got a dent in my door which could do with looking at but some spunk monkey has blobbed touch up in there, d'oh.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
them black bits are stickers so won't pop off, i got some for mine from reno, 11 iirc, but i got em free lol

Monaco 172 2/468
I would Ben, he seems really sound, I asked him about wings mirrors, bonnet and a couple of other things, and instead of saying ok and taking all my money, he said he'll try and buff them out, and to leave my bonnet etc, as it aint that bad.

gt_gaz - I take it the stickers wont come off then lol, probably a trip to renault :(

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
gt_gaz said:
them black bits are stickers so won't pop off, i got some for mine from reno, 11 iirc, but i got em free lol
I thought they were a clip on affair. I still wouldn't want them painted as the finish would probably be quite poor.

Whip them off and flat first ready for some new ones.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Ibanezman said:
They dont seem to easily come off, what shall I get them off with, a hammer ? lol :rasp:
If the bumper has been painted before which i'm guessing it has, chances are they will have been poorly masked so there will now be an overlap.

If Chris is aware of these, i'm sure he can make them look right if he's spraying over the top.

Out of curiousity, what other work are you having done. You mentioned touch up/buff a few other bits, are they serious as I could do with comparing to mine.

Monaco 172 2/468
Yeah I hope so mate, dont want any of it looking gash, should look perfect ! ... I hope lol

Erm I can't remember exactly, both wing mirrors I think, offside lower door + bumpstrip. Few scratches on the roof he said should buff out ....... come over and have a gander if you want mate, not too far