ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My boot handle won't come off

Clio 182
I did a search about removing the boot handle, all sounds easy enough. And it is, until you reach the bit where you actually take the handle off. Mine comes out about 2-3mm and then stops, no amount of jiggling is getting it to come off. I've now spent longer on this than I did changing my front shocks yesterday so thought I'd ask if anyone has some advice. People who've done this - how much of a pain in the arse was it to pull the handle off after removing the three nuts?

Clio 182
The plug that's connected to the boot release? Surely that doesn't need to come off? I only need to remove the handle, not the entire boot release mechanism. I guess it must be catching on something, cant figure out what though. Is it just those three nuts holding it in, no clips or anything?