ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BG 182 - A Farewell Thread

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Well this is my goodbye thread, to my car.

I bought my 182 in August 2010 from a salvage auction, I repaired it and since then I have done 12,000 miles in it, taking it from 49,000 miles to 61,000 miles. 3000 of which were round Europe; France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, and Germany.

It’s never once let me down, but now the time has come to save some money and I have bought a Clio DCI as I am looking to buy a house/flat and I think running my 182 as well would be just out of reach.

Given the fact that the car has been in an accident previously it is categorised as Cat D and the falling prices of the 182’s I have decided to break the car. It’s still MOT’d until the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] of December so I do still have just over a week of use out of it. Some parts from it will be getting swapped onto the DCI such as the interior.

I don’t really know why I’ve written this, but there we go.

Here are some pictures anyway:

How it started
9.gif

182001.gif

Finished
Picture012.jpg

Picture014.jpg

In Europe!
IMG_9276.jpg

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_8670.jpg

Last edited:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
What dCi did you go for? 65, 80 or 100??

182 look's stunning when finished! brilliant job!

RS6 C7
I wouldn't break it, You should be able to get £1500 for it, You would get slightly more breaking but its really not worth the hassle.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Looks brand new in the first finished photo :D

Thanks!

What dCi did you go for? 65, 80 or 100??

182 look's stunning when finished! brilliant job!

I went for the 65, it's a shame the 80's and 100's aren't more common, I wasn't too bothered which I got, I believe the 80's are the best on fuel so ideally I would have gone for one of them.

The one I bought was local, and it fitted the bill: £1500 - 89,000 miles, 10 months Tax and MOT, Black 3 door. Its an Extreme, but i've bought some standard clio 15s with tyres for £75 for it.

And cheers, its a shame that it's going to be broken but I doubt I would see more than £1500 for it being a Cat D.

I wouldn't break it, You should be able to get £1500 for it, You would get slightly more breaking but its really not worth the hassle.

I was just writing the above when you replied, I rekon I can break it for a decent amount of money. I have broken a 172 before and made a fair amount off that. I think you would be suprised how much you can make

RS6 C7
Thanks!

I went for the 65, it's a shame the 80's and 100's aren't more common, I wasn't too bothered which I got, I believe the 80's are the best on fuel so ideally I would have gone for one of them.

The one I bought was local, and it fitted the bill: £1500 - 89,000 miles, 10 months Tax and MOT, Black 3 door. Its an Extreme, but i've bought some standard clio 15s with tyres for £75 for it.

And cheers, its a shame that it's going to be broken but I doubt I would see more than £1500 for it being a Cat D.

I was just writing the above when you replied, I rekon I can break it for a decent amount of money. I have broken a 172 before and made a fair amount off that. I think you would be suprised how much you can make

I have broken a couple of clio's, It depends how long you are prepared to wait to sell parts, You can put them up at high prices but it might take a year to sell, A mate of mine broke a smashed up 182 for around 2k but it took him ages to shift the parts.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Looks really nice. If it was up for sale a month ago I'd of happily Paid £1500 for it. It's a shame so many people are put off by write offs. I've owned a few and had no troubles.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS

80 are slightly the best on fuel, but when I say slightly, I mean by only ~3mpg.
Sounds like you got a good deal, every dCi I have seen has like 150,000 on the clock.

Check on www.RenaultdCi.net for info when it's back online.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Looks really nice. If it was up for sale a month ago I'd of happily Paid £1500 for it. It's a shame so many people are put off by write offs. I've owned a few and had no troubles.

Cheers, I wouldn't sell it for £1500 - thats why I am going to break it, unless someone offered me £2250 for it, it will be getting broken.

that picture in europe is bloody awesome!

Cheers my mate did it for me. Its half way up Stelvio.

80 are slightly the best on fuel, but when I say slightly, I mean by only ~3mpg.
Sounds like you got a good deal, every dCi I have seen has like 150,000 on the clock.

Check on www.RenaultdCi.net for info when it's back online.

Cheers, I noticed it was down. Pretty rubbish.

At the price I paid most I saw were higher milage so I thought this was a good deal. The last owner had it since 2006 as well.