ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Banzai MX-5 Project...

Swift Sport
Looks quite mean from the front...

IMG_2259.JPG

Swift Sport
De-wrapped the door handles today between the rain showers. Proper fiddly job but it's done now.

IMG_2273.JPG

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
The stretched budget tyres were interesting to say the least... It's a good job I can control a skid!
stretched and budget should not be connected with tyres in the same sentence ?
Did the prev owner spend all his money on the wrap and brought what im assuming are fake bbs?
Nice set of new wheels would set that off nicely ?
You thought about wheels? or just enjoying the go kart atm?

Swift Sport
stretched and budget should not be connected with tyres in the same sentence ?
Did the prev owner spend all his money on the wrap and brought what im assuming are fake bbs?
Nice set of new wheels would set that off nicely ?
You thought about wheels? or just enjoying the go kart atm?

Currently looking for second hand wheels although I'm really struggling to find anything.
The budgets aren't even decent either, they're all season budgets and they odd and score terribly in reviews.

Swift Sport
What were the wheels @JoeyD had on his mk3? OZ something or other. Looked immense.

How you finding the NC mate?
It's pretty good considering I've got no grip... I thought I'd miss the Mk1 but the extra performance makes up for the missing charm. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do on a trackday.

Swift Sport
I knew Rockingham was fast approaching so I bought some cheap rims and stuck some part-worn tyres on them so I could hit the track without dying!

IMG_2826.JPG

Rockingham was a f**king nightmare! I've been doing trackdays for over 10 years now and Sunday was the slipperiest circuit I've ever driven around. I spun behind the pace car on the sighting lap! Had good fun though trying to keep the car pointing in the right direction.

IMG_2839.JPG

Tonight I set about starting to remove the 'lipstick' that Banzai Magazine had applied... Luckily it seems to be coming off pretty easily so should be done in the next couple of days.

IMG_2863.JPG

I've got Three Sisters on Saturday so hopefully it'll be nice and dry this time!

The OE wheels are huge improvement, once you've got that tacky looking red crap off the grille surround it'll look ace!!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I hadn't noticed that red tape before, but it's completely stupid!
Why wasn't it done black to match the rest of the terrible wrap job?

Is there still more of that black s**t on the back half of the roof??

Swift Sport
I hadn't noticed that red tape before, but it's completely stupid!
Why wasn't it done black to match the rest of the terrible wrap job?

Is there still more of that black s**t on the back half of the roof??
It's not tape, it's paint. Yeah the roof is still wrapped at the back, but it takes so long to remove that I'm tempted to have the top re-done to match so the roof is black.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I fitted 15mm spacers on mine (IL Motorsport ones) and was reluctant to do so, but it was necessary in my view as the standard car didn't look right, when lowered it looked a whole lot worse, they also helped with fitting the Wilwoods. I'd like 17x8 wheels but options in 4x100 are rather limited and I like the original wheels, you don't have that issue with the MK3.

I admire your dedication with removing the wrap, don't think I could be arsed dealing with that.

Swift Sport
I fitted 15mm spacers on mine (IL Motorsport ones) and was reluctant to do so, but it was necessary in my view as the standard car didn't look right, when lowered it looked a whole lot worse, they also helped with fitting the Wilwoods. I'd like 17x8 wheels but options in 4x100 are rather limited and I like the original wheels, you don't have that issue with the MK3.

I admire your dedication with removing the wrap, don't think I could be arsed dealing with that.
I often wonder where I found the motivation myself lol.
I'd still like to change the wheels again, so maybe I'll consider going for wheels with a wider offset instead of opting for spacers.

Swift Sport
Haven't updated this recently so here goes...

Did a trackday at 3 Sisters and really enjoyed it. Tyres are awful though so plenty of sliding and getting told off by the marshals.
Did a trackday at Donington, and same again... Lots of skidding but lots of fun! Despite the crap brakes and tyres I was still catching and passing Caterhams and M3's etc, so with some good brakes and some sticky tyres it should go much better.

Oh, and it's fully colour-coded now...

45953573181_7b23788ba9_z.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Haven't updated this recently so here goes...

Did a trackday at 3 Sisters and really enjoyed it. Tyres are awful though so plenty of sliding and getting told off by the marshals.
Did a trackday at Donington, and same again... Lots of skidding but lots of fun! Despite the crap brakes and tyres I was still catching and passing Caterhams and M3's etc, so with some good brakes and some sticky tyres it should go much better.

Oh, and it's fully colour-coded now...

View attachment 1395600

Looks great now!
Let me know next time you're at Donny, would love to have a passenger ride! Also planning to do one or two days in my car so be good to have some tips!!

Swift Sport
Looks great now!
Let me know next time you're at Donny, would love to have a passenger ride! Also planning to do one or two days in my car so be good to have some tips!!
Cheers dude. You're more than welcome to jump in next time I'm out, my driving is a little eager though if I'm honest!