ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My baby evo :)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Hi guys, some of you may know me use to own a 172 clio but then sold that for a Toyota starlet GLANZA V...what a mistake that was :dead: a little piccy.
IMG-20110407-001352.jpg

Anyways after selling that (3months after owning it) i was on the hunt for something modern,jap,good on fuel,fast,reliable.

Well this is what i got hope you like....

Stats...

Current spec is...

-Forge hard pipe with forge silicone joiners
-Forge blow off valve
-Greedy FMIC with samco hoses
-K&N air filter
-Janspeed full 2.7" exhaust system straight through with no centre box
-2.7" Custom decat
-Forge red silicone coolant hoses
-Samco oil breather pipe
-Autobahn 88 manifold and heat wrap
-Stainless downpipe
-Engine cover resprayed
-Evo low-temp thermostat
-Evo oil filter
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-SARD fuel pressure regulator
-Braided fuel lines
-BOSH 550cc injectors
-Single plate race clutch
-ECU remap by Redline
-One off custom coilovers made by ISC N1 fully adjustable
-Front strut brace
-Brembo drilled and grooved brakes all round
-Do-LUCK Braided brake lines with yellow stuff pads
-Custom one of boost gauge holder on A pillar
-3xProsport gauges
-Scanguage 2
-Custom traction control cut off switch
-Upgraded speakers
-Rear seats and plastics removed

Currently has two boost settings

1) 1bar of boost producing 230bhp & 290flbt
2) 1.3bar of boost producing 265bhp & 320flbt (these are rough figures given when it was remaped £550!!)

Now the most amazing part i get 45+mpg all the time and 53mpg+ on motorway.

Heres the pics :)

coltsideon.jpg
coltfrontcar.jpg
225942_145169568884798_100001752665545_261886_3846030_n.jpg
225786_145167595551662_100001752665545_261835_7792610_n.jpg
223080_145170445551377_100001752665545_261900_5416050_n.jpg
230287_145169758884779_100001752665545_261895_7769567_n.jpg
229045_145170465551375_100001752665545_261902_6710437_n.jpg

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
The last owner spent 6k on it not including buying it, im after an LSD but tbh it puts down the power brilliant only times it struggles is in the rain part from that pulls like a train with no spinning.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Alright ste! cheers :) havnt spoke to you in ages could do with a meet up see what else you done to the ignis.

Swift Sport
Alright ste! cheers :) havnt spoke to you in ages could do with a meet up see what else you done to the ignis.

Hi mate.... It's back to standard and ready to sell :(

I'm doing a lot more miles now and the Ignis just isn't suitable anymore, I'm staying Jap though ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I bet that's hilarious! Nice buy.

I'd have to sort out the front mount though. It'd look much better with black hoses for a start.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Cheers chris, got a japanese bumper on order which will require the fmic to be moved so will be doing that soon :)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yes mate, I'm aware that the steering isn't great but hopefully with a few well-chosen mods it'll be a nice daily driver.

Deffo meet up though dude!

Well from what my mates have told me there great cars, i would love a supercharged one ;) but sure just let me know when bud :)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Haha noo the one in redline is a mate of mine, hes gone the whole hog and forged the engine,bigger turbo. The route im thinking of going after iv sourced a LSD cheapest iv found is £900 :(.

Its a great sleeper untill u see the FMIC, but defo shocked a 350z :)

Black Clio GT
colt czt tuned by ralliart iirc 1.5 turbo, 155hp and pretty nippy as standard just a shame its not really a lloker but i like different cars than the norm and its certianly got a nice spec sheet bar the green stuff pads.....

nice find, i will be following your progress with this :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I actually really like that.

Just having a sneaky look on pistonheads :eek:

Whats it like on coilovers?

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Its yellow pads now :p and just ordering some braided oil and water lines with a new JDM bumper from japan and evo bonnet
Hm14.jpg

DAZ the coilovers on it were a one off custom job by ISC in Austraila for the sum of £850, they feel perfect handles brilliant yet nice and comfy when on rough roads dont smash your spine to pieces lol. Few lads are running FKs and say they are good, quite a few brands out there for coilies now

Haha cheers Merk i was after something different compared to everyone else getting vxr,st,type r,cupra, my mate said he was selling it watched him do all the work and decided to buy it. Happy with it especially considering im getting 45mpg daily tbh i know the looks are a bit of a put off for some people but in the flesh i think it looks better than the pics just needs some spacers now and alloys :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think it looks great personally although after having a few peeks on pistonheads I prefer the stealth look of a standard front bumper...

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer im not keen on the bumper on it atm, the one im getting from japan will look a lot better a new CZT front bumper is the same price as the JDM spec so decided to get that instead.

Listerine & Poledo
Like these, even the missus does (and she hates everything that her sister doesn't own and thus will mean we'd be deemed to entry-level foci)

interior feels a bit nasty though, even compared to a 172!

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer the interior isnt the best but coming from a glanza v it feels like royalty lol but hopefully going to have the dash and doors done in suede.

Cheers for the all the good comments guys :) will keep it up to date with the new mods. As for the fun factor its brilliant!! pulls like mad and the exhaust pops are insane! also gets the looks everywhere it goes.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks cool but that front mount look gash hanging out. If you cant hide it, paint in black like i did. Also, why has someone cut holes in the front bumper when the cooler doesnt even go that high? lol

Either way. I like it.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
All the front end is being sorted out the last owner drilled the holes as above the numberplate was piping to the air filter and the same near fog lights. Yer i dont really rate the pads was yellow now green but not to sure on them.

I want to wake it up a bit so i think nice set of rims evo bonnet and front bumper will make it stand out a bit, also been toying with a upgraded turbo for a nice healthy dose of 280bhp any more than 300bhp needs uprated internals :(