ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Arctic 182 daily

Renault Clio 182
Hi all!

Finished Uni in June 2015 and got a bit obsessed with 1*2s, so by July I had bought one!
I wanted BG or arctic blue, ended up with the blue.
Probably wasn't the best deal I could have got but you live and learn!
Two pics of when i got it home, I am a terrible photographer!
45a34a

C5N7g2

Drove it for a couple of weeks and noticed a squeal on full lock, guessed aux belt. Had proof of all the belts being done in 2011, so thought may as well get them all done again.

Went to Fred at BTM, brilliant service! Had a look over the car for me pointing out some issues.

So after the belts, I changed the front discs to Brembo HC and got the Mintex pads people recommend, fitted a new exhaust gasket and fitting as was blowing horribly, replaced the exhaust mounts and fitted a skoda fabia splitter.
065a4i

PQ3794

Few smaller bits, replaced gear knob insert for more OE one, changed number plate light to LED one and also changed all interior lights to LED.

After a clean
cv2LjJ

Left the car for a few months then, bought it on 88000 and is now on 95000. Still had the standard exhaust on until a few weeks ago, I bought a second hand janspeed unsilenced cat back from the facebook page, got that fitted and what a difference!
o31PcN

Seem to be getting a little less miles per tank now which I put down to wanting to hear the noise.

I don't plan on changing a great deal on the car for a while as I am saving to go travelling but when I come back want to transform it!
My plans for that are;
- 172cup shocks all round (non cup 182 so 54mm spacing)
- cooksports
- oz f1 15 inch in silver (love the silver against the blue) or td pro race 1.2s.
- powerflex bushes all round
- solid engine mounts
- maybe some club sports, but not sure about the practicality particularly as I can sometimes have 3 or 4 people in the car which obviously wouldn't be able to do with club sports.

In the short term my plans are;
- New lower ball joints
- uprated exhaust mounts
- Heko windeflectors
- evol egineering dogbone mount
- spray grill satin black
- full service in feb
- maybe refurb wheels as look shocking at the moment.
- And then anything I can afford from the list above!

Loving the car and the way it drives, but do think it has plenty more to give with some upgrades and refurb. If anybody has any cheap modifications

Renault Clio 182
Seems my photography skills were so bad it refused to show them! Or maybe just my bad IT skills!