ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2005 1.2 Dynamique mk2

Renault Clio
Hi everyone, this is my first car, I'll post pictures and show you what I've done to it. I first installed a 182 grille. Then I swapped my interior, boot and reg plate lights to white LEDs. Then I sprayed my interior trim gloss black. After that I painted my brake callipers red. My only engine mod is a new K&N air filter. Finally today I smoked out my side indicators black and began spraying my wheels anthracite grey with black Renault badges. I would like to buy a Sportex cat back exhaust, 182 seats, tint the back windows and try and find a black 172 rear bumper. I also have a 2000w speaker waiting to go in. I hope you like it and I'll keep you up to date as much as I can. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 130
  Renault Clio
Today's work. Wheels and black indicators

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 107
Hi everyone, this is my first car, I'll post pictures and show you what I've done to it. I first installed a 182 grille. Then I swapped my interior, boot and reg plate lights to white LEDs. Then I sprayed my interior trim gloss black. After that I painted my brake callipers red. My only engine mod is a new K&N air filter. Finally today I smoked out my side indicators black and began spraying my wheels anthracite grey with black Renault badges. I would like to buy a Sportex cat back exhaust, 182 seats, tint the back windows and try and find a black 172 rear bumper. I also have a 2000w speaker waiting to go in. I hope you like it and I'll keep you up to date as much as I can. Thanks!

I too have a 1.2 and it's my first car. Id recommend the exhaust I have. It's £79 and easily fitted. 3" Hoffman exhaust. It's loud, pops a lot too

Listerine & Poledo
Here's a guy on YouTube with the same one as me. It sounds a lot better in person
Well it could hardly sound any worse. I'm guessing you've got a couple of spare catalysts knocking about for when the pop/yo/bang/sikness kills the one that's in there now?

Dear OP - Well, you're off to a vaguly good start and welcome aboard. How did your insurers take to all your cosmetic mods by the way? CHeck with them before you do any more "performance" stuff though, as you may find yourself in a bit of a sticky situation down the road.

As for your 2000w speaker. I'm guessing you mean a sub? In which case, slap that in, new headunit, and you're done. The Stock speakers are actually pretty decent once they dont have to handle bass, and changing the fronts over properly is a proper ass ache as the tweeters buried in the dash require houdini-style flexibility.

Good luck, don't bin it straight away

Nice one, now to debate with myself to try and justify a new backbox over a perfectly fine standard one.

It honestly puts a smile on my face every time I start it up and when it pops.

3rd gear around 3-4 RPM and your laughing.

I've got a K&n air filter too, not sure if that helps

Renault Clio
Hi everyone thanks for the support, today I finished painting all my wheels and got them on the car. To answer your question I have no desire for anymore performance mods and the insurance upped my price by about £20 that's all because of what I've done. Could anyone tell me what the best tires are for Clio's? I've heard Michelin Pilot Sport 3's?